Chapter 11: Awkward Plus More

Ratliff POV

Today I'm going to do it. Yep I can. I finally decided that I'm going to ask Rydel to go on a date.

I got her favorite flowers. They are going to make her day. Plus by the end of the night she'll be crushing on me like crazy. Like I am on her.

"Ellington sweetie? What about you fix your hair nice for Delly?" My mom suggests.

"Mom Rydel doesn't care about her appearance so why should I care about mine? Bye mom!" I yell to her. She smiles and waves. Love my mommos.

When I got to DELLY's house, I got her flowers and check my teeth. White as snow!

I went up and knocked. As I expected, Rydel answers except.... There's a guy behind her??? And she's wearing a apron????

"Oh hey Ratliff! Oh my gosh my favorite flowers! Thanks Rat!" She says surprised. I was still looking at the guy behind her. She looked at me confused and realized that I was looking at him.

"Oh Rat... This is my new boyfriend Logan! Logan meet Ellington." She says fake smiling. I know when she's fake smiling.

"Hey dude what's up?" He says to me. I look at Rydel.

"So... I guess I'd better be going-"

"Ratliff please stay!" Rydel says then looks to her boyfriend. "I mean please stay and make cupcakes with us!" She finishes.

I walk in to a kitchen that's trashed. Rydel usually has everything organized.... But her boyfriend is here.

"Hey Delly I have to go. Bye babe." He says kissing her forehead.

"Bye!" She says shutting the door leaving us.

We stare at each other in silence. She sighs and starts stirring the mix for the cupcakes. I watch her hand move quickly and gently.

"Ratliff... You can leave." She says out of the blue.

"What? I'm not leaving you." I say standing by her. I see her smile.

"Well then lets get cooking!" She says laughing.

I just can't see how that guy isn't way more kind to Rydel. She deserves better.... Like me. I love Rydel! He doesn't even kiss her! If she was MY girlfriend I'd make her feel wanted! Ugh I hate Logan!

I got to get Rydel to be my girl.