22 Levi

She didn't leave. She's still here. I would rather do almost anything than be here and have to train her. Guiin shouldn't have asked me to do this.

"Go run around the main building six times."

"Sir, I-"

I interrupt her. "Shut up and run."

"Yes, sir." She turns and starts running.

Guiin should have picked someone else. I don't know why she wanted me to do this. Did she think I'd make Elles like her? That's not going to happen.

When she's done, I say, "Get a horse."

"Sir, I-"

"Shut up."

"But, sir-"

I glare at her. "Shut. Up."

She gives an exasperated sigh and walks into the stables. I saddle my horse and lead it outside to wait for Elles. When she emerges, she quickly blurts out, "Sir, I want to apologize for yesterday." When she realizes I didn't tell her to shut up, she continues. "I shouldn't have punched you, sir. I'm sorry."

"Are you done?"

"Yes, sir." She sighs like she's exasperated again. I tend to have that effect on people.

"Get on the horse." I mount mine and wait a few seconds for her to do the same. Then we ride quickly into the trees. We keep riding for a few minutes and she stays behind me. I don't want to train her. Guiin was enough.

Stop complaining, Levi. It's just for a few more days.

She can control the horse pretty well, so I have her follow me on the maneuver gear. Guiin was better than Elles on her first try, and I don't hesitate to tell her that. I find out that Guiin was more skilled in using the maneuver gear, but Elles probably got her ranking from relatively good skills in everything. Guiin wasn't good at hand-to-hand combat at all, and that was probably what kept her out of the top ten trainees.

They only need hand-to-hand combat in the Military Police. They shouldn't even learn to use the maneuver gear, just a gun. Or they could just sit around getting fat and paid, while all the Scouts risk their lives every few months. It's all they do anyway, with the exception of being arrogant. The fact that Elles wants to be one of them puts her pretty low by my standards.

The new rule they made probably won't work. There will be people who don't want to be here stuck going on expeditions and, if they're arrogant enough, start trying to be the Military Police within the Scouting Legion. As if they're not annoying enough already.

Hopefully only one expedition will crush any longing to make that happen from any of the new recruits. That or they'll die.

He's so violent. And he hates people. That's not nice.

But thanks for reading and voting and commenting. Makes my heart all happy.

I'm sorry this was so freakishly short. LEVI'S PARTS ARE SO SHORT. THEY'RE SHORTER THAN HIM!!!!!