Respect Is The Key

Start from the beginning

He lay next to me on the towel and wrapped his arm slowly around my waist, shifting closer to me until his chest was pressed to my back and his other hand had sunk under me and around my waist allowing his other hand to run up my arms warming them.

"Is that better?" He whispered into my ear and I closed my eyes feeling the warmth.

I nodded not wanting to say anything in case it would ruin the moment.

At that single moment, I didn't wanna move...I didn't wanna do anything, I just wanted to be stuck there for ever safe and wrapped up in his arms.

"When did you dye your hair?" Ok yes, I went against my better judgement but it started to bug me.

Chuckling he answered, "Me and Tina bought the dye two days ago and we dyed it while you were in the water today."

I nodded and shifted turning my chest against his. I could feel him looking down at me but I just wrapped my arms around him and leaned my head to his chest feeling myself slowly stop shivering as he held me back again tighter then before.

"Are you ok?" He muttered into my hair, his lips pressing against my forehead.

"I think so," I said smiling but I wasn't sure why I was smiling...there wasnt' anything to really smile about apart from being alive but then there wasn't any real reason to be feeling sparks fly in the pit of my stomach...or was there? Was there something I was missing?

At just the thought, I snugged closer and closed my eyes feeling myself drift into sleep.

"You'll be ok," was the last thing he whispered and then I was pretty sure I felt him lifting me up again but I was too tired, to freaked out to really open my eyes so I just allowed him to carry me to where ever he was carrying me to.

~~

"Hey, Gabby?" I felt my body gently jolt up in the air, someones arms still around my waist and my back to someones chest as their lips brushed my ear. I opened my eyes yawing and noticing Tina driving, Austin sitting next to her and Bailey sitting next to me...well next to Sam who I'm guessing I was in his lap.

I shifted so that my back was against the door and I was looking straight into those green eyes.

"H-hi.." I said awkwardly remembering how he saved me, how he warmed me up and the crazy thoughts I had before I drifted off.

"Hi." He smiled back and the car finally came to a stop. "Ready to grab dinner?"

I nodded and just at that moment my stomach growled, I jumped out and we walked into a...club?

What are we doing at a club?

"We're really gonna eat at a club?" I asked unsure as we entered noticing Tina nod.

The music was actually slow and relaxing. The tables were round with soft sofas around them and a bar at the end of the dance floor which lay in the middle. We took the table in the corner all of us siting down and ordering knowing exactly what we wanted.

I looked towards Austin, his mind was somewhere else as he stared down at his drink.

Tina was talking with Bailey and Sam who sat next to me and I kicked Austin under the table grateful that he sat opposite me. His head shot up and he looked straight at me giving me a weak smile before looking back at his drink and allowing his mind to wonder again.

Frowning, I slumped back in my chair forcing my mind to stay away from what almost happened at the beach and how I almost drowned because of a stupid moment that would mean nothing between me and my best friend.