19- The Truth Won't Set Me Free.

Start from the beginning

My dad laughed nervously while scratching the back of his neck, “Well, I wasn’t too sure you would go with me willingly… and as for the chaining you up- I didn’t want you to run…”

“I don’t give two shits what you didn’t want! Get me the hell out of these chains!” They were seriously uncomfortable, and adding that to my headache that made me feel like I was going to spontaneously combust any second; I felt like I was going to die.

My dad jumped at my sudden rage, unlocking the chains and letting me free, “I don’t appreciate my little girl using such foul language.”

I glared at him, “I’m not your little girl anymore. Now that you’ve told me everything that I ‘needed to know’, and held me captive for three weeks. Why don’t you let me go home?”

It took two weeks for my dad to finally find the right words to tell me about the life I didn’t know I should be living. Then another week of me being chained to a damn wall and force fed horrid food. Some father he acted like.

“I can’t do that yet, Nova.” He looked towards the ground. God he was such a prick of a father! I was furious that he had lied to me, and it wasn’t going to be easy for me to forgive him.

“And why’s that, Father?” I was sick of this shit. I had answers to the questions that had tormented me. All but to why I kept having vision-like memories of killing people in my dreams- mostly because I kept that to myself.

“You were marked by an alpha. You didn’t turn, and you didn’t die. We’re not quite sure what that means. I also don’t want you running back into the arms of that beta… Spears. Was that his name?” He looked so calm when he talked to me. It was like he didn’t even think down on chaining me to a wall and leaving me to go practically insane for two weeks wondering where I was and why my dad was involved.

“First off, you don’t have the right to have a say in whose arms I run into, or whose arms I don't. Second off, Derek may very well be a werewolf but he hasn’t killed anyone, so once again, you don’t have the right to be passing judgment like that. And third off, I’m severely pissed that Derek lied to me about all of this, so I doubt that I’ll be talking to him anytime soon. Now if you don’t mind, I would like to be going now.”

I had hardened my heart over these weeks of solitude and mental agony. I put up a wall that no one would ever break down. No matter how much I wanted to be with Derek. No matter how much my heart ached at the thought of not being with him. I wasn’t going to give in easily. I never even got to truly tell him my feelings before he was torn away from me, and my whole life turned upside down. Deep down, in my heart of hearts, I knew that Derek probably kept his secret from me because he didn’t want to hurt me, or scare me, or some other heroic reason. But my mind-, who now had superior power over my heart, couldn’t accept the fact that he was a monster. It physically hurt, being scared of Derek, and it scared me that I didn’t have a rational explanation for that.  No one was going to make me hurt as much as I hurt over Derek.

I made my way towards the only door in this holding cell, when my father had grabbed my arm. “At least let me show you something first.”

I huffed in defeat, “Fine. But after that, I’m coming back home. Mom and Noah have to be worried half to death!”

He said nothing as he put his hand on my back, and led me to another cell. The cell wasn’t empty; in fact, a girl around my age was sitting in there, chained to the wall. She glared at my father when he entered. I assumed he was to blame for her captivity.

Oh honey, I so know how you feel.

“I don’t understand, do you have a fetish for kidnapping young girls to walls? Or is this a father daughter bonding moment?” I had gotten way better at witty comments too.

“I don’t trust that you won’t go running back into that beta’s arms. I saw the look in your eyes when you said his name. So I decided to remind you that he is a monster, just like this girl.” He looked down at the girl, like he was better than her.

She glared at him, growling while her face transformed into what I knew was a beta wolf. It made me uncomfortable, and I took a step back.

“Alright, I get it. Werewolves- bad. Hunters- good. Am I done here?” I was getting a little scared of the murderous look the girl was giving me. She has blue eyes- and they reminded me too much of Derek. My heart hurt, I bet he didn’t even realize I was gone. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my dad spoke again.

“Not yet. You see, this beta is guilty of ripping the throats out of her human family. And she has to be dealt with.” He said.

I still wasn’t getting where he was going with this. “Your point is…?”

He pulled out a gun, and hands it to me. “I want you to do it.”

I looked at him, wide eyed, “You what?”

---

 Pic on the side is of the other girl that was chained up.

 Thoughts on this chapter?

 Comment, Vote, Follow Me.

 kisses! xx