"Never thought I would get so scared. Why do you have a gun anyways?" She asked sitting on my bed.

"That's not important. Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"Y-yeah. I won't tell anyone J."

"Thank you." I grabbed my bag from the closet and we left. She drove about 15 minutes to a big house in a different neighborhood. She knocked on the door and Mikayla answered with a smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

She let us in and we went up to her room. Sienna and Cari were in Mikayla's bed. Sienna side eyed me.

"Kayla what the hell? This is a tradition for us. Why is she here?" Sienna asked Mikayla.

"Sienna really? Shut up." She said. "Hold on, I'm gonna go get blankets for the floor."

"I'll help." I said following her down stairs to the basement. It was a nice ass basement. "Kay why does Sienna hate me so much?" I asked.

"I have no idea. I think she isn't very keen on new people in our circle." She said opening a closet door.

"I guess." I grabbed some blankets and pillows and we took them all back upstairs. Bria and I set them all up while Mikayla went to get the snacks.

I took my shoes off and sat down on the blankets. Bria laid on her stomach with a pillow under her chin. Cari chose a movie and Mikayla brought in bags of chips, soda, candy, and a box of pizza.

She sat next to me and distributed all the food.

***

Everyone was sleeping except Mikayla. She was so into the end of the movie so I didn't say anything. It was 1am. When the movie went off, Mikayla sat up and rubbed her eyes.

"You're still up?" She asked looking at me. I was laying on my back staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah. Ion sleep much." I said quietly.

"Let's go to the basement." She said standing up. She helped me up and we left the room as carefully and quietly as possible. We went to the basement making sure we took a blanket with us. It was pretty cold.

We sat on the carpeted floor across from each other.

"So what did you even do in Detroit?" She asked. I damn sure wasn't about to tell her what I was doing.

"Uh I just hung out with my friend and mostly stayed in because my brother kept me on lockdown. I got arrested a lot." .

"Arrested? For what?" She asked looking interested.

"Vandalism. I would smoke on school property a lot. Bunch of little shit. Nothing major." I explained.

"Damn. Anything you like to do?"

"I guess I like to sing and rap. That's it."

"Can you sing for me?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

"What you wanna hear?" I asked running my fingers through my hair.

"Hmm. Do you listen to The Internet?" She looked at me with curiosity.

I began singing Special Affair to her meaning every word. She blushed as I looked into her eyes and sang the chorus. When I finished singing, she sat there speechless.

"That's the song I was thinking of." She said smiling.

"Guess I just knew." During a moment of silence, Mikayla's eyes led to a scar I had on my neck.

"What is that from?" She asked. I sighed and ran my fingers across it.

"I got jumped a lot back in Detroit. Some dude pulled a knife on me and cut my neck. Almost close enough to kill me. But I got stitches and it healed." I explained as her concerned look faded.

"Why would they jump you? You're a good person. You're so nice." I laughed at that.

"Well no I wasn't nice to them. I'm not that nice to anyone. It's just something about you that makes it impossible to be mean."

"What do you think that is?" She asked smiling.

"Mmm maybe because I'm into you." I said with a smirk.

She leaned in and kissed me. Ray slipped into my mind but quickly got pushed out when I was pushed back onto the floor. Mikayla was between my legs as we began to get more intense.

Then we heard the basement door open. She got off of me so fast. It was like she would have been embarrassed about it. I sat up and let out a sigh when Sienna walked in.

"Why are you two down here?" She asked crossing her arms.

"We were talking. Didn't want to wake all of you up." Kay stated standing up.

"Kayla I think you should go to bed. You know mom doesn't like when you stay up so late on a school night." I stood up giving Sienna a mean mug. She smiled as Kay went upstairs.

Why would Kay even listen to her?

"Okay what the hell is your problem?" I asked trying to stay calm.

"I'm sorry. I just don't think Kayla is safe around you." She said with a smirk.

"Then what makes you think you're safe around me?" I asked walking up to her. Her smirk faded and fear ented her. I could tell. She backed up against the wall and I slammed both of my hands against the wall. Trapping her and causing her to jump.

"I just want to go to bed now." She said avoiding eye contact with me.

"Nah. You chose to provoke me. Now babygirl I can make you cry right here I won't give two fucks. You do not know me. If you want to know me, just say so." I said holding her chin up. "But if you have anything else to say to me, keep your mouth shut."

I moved away from her and she ran upstairs. I mean her ass ran. I laid on the couch down here and went to sleep. Bitches aggravate me too much.