Chapter 41: Wedding Day [pt.1]

Începe de la început

Sora sat next to where the bride would parade with elegance. Next to her was Sooyoung, and then Youngjae, JB, and Junior at the end.

The place started to be crowded with people quite fastly. The groom appeared in the front with his groomsmen, waiting for his woman. He seemed pretty nervous; his sweaty face gleamed under the lights of chandeliers. A couple of minutes after, the priest told everyone to stand up and the bride marched in along with the music.

The ceremony lasted half an hour. After that, Mr. and Mrs. Kim were off for their photo shoot schedule while the guests headed to the cocktail venue, 15 minutes of driving again.

Once arrived at the designated place, some people were already filling the place. Family, relatives, and friends talked and enjoyed the good atmosphere. The boys, along with the two women, served themselves some drinks and appetizers. They greeted the others and chatted about this and that.

A certain number of girls stared at the boys with their charming eyes, but they mostly scanned Junior. It was comprehensible, who wouldn't? However, those girls could lose hope; not even one of the guys returned the favor. They weren't interested. They just sip on their glasses coolly in their corner.

JB nudged Junior. "You should go court one of these girls," he teased.

"Wae? (Why?)"

"Because it's been a while since I've seen you with a girl," JB explained.

"Why don't you go yourself?" He asked him without a second thought.

JB's face became stiffed. "My mom is here, and I don't feel ready to," he admitted.

"I'm also not ready. It will happen in due time... How about you Youngjae?"

"I..."

JB cut him off, "Aye, he's too young and his English is a quarter comprehensive."

"Aren't you too harsh, Hyung? I'm not that bad in English!" Youngjae defended.

"Okay, then go talk to a girl."

Youngjae glanced at the girls and hesitated, his face turning slightly red."I can't do this, I'm too shy." He laughed awkwardly.

From afar, Sooyoung watched with contentment. Youngjae shined with happiness next to JB. She reminisced the past when they were both younger and played with each other like two siblings. People kept saying they resembled each other so much. They were the happiest when together. Sooyoung was overjoyed to see them reunited, but at the same felt terribly guilty. She missed her JB so much and hoped things could change.

Sora passed by and Sooyoung grabbed her wrist.

"Not now Sooyoung. I need to ask JB something first."

Sooyoung followed her sister until they met with their boys.

"Jaebeom-ah, have you put the card I gave you earlier on the gifts table?"

JB seemed confused. "Uh, which card?"

Sora's face slowly changed color. "Which card? The card I gave you earlier at your room. I said to take care of it for me. I put it on your bed. There's money in it."

JB was thinking... Money in it? Uh-oh. "Ah, yes, that card. Don't worry, I already gave it," he said in his confident manner.

His mom took a deep breath, she could relax. She put her hand on her chest. "You scared me. Well, the reception's doors will be opened soon, don't get too far." She left and returned to some of her acquaintances.

Sooyoung remained on the same spot for a moment while looking at them.

"I wanted to tell you, you guys look handsome today." She beamed.