I Think I Fell in Love

No one said much over it. We got back to the house and walked in. Mama tried to ask, but Dave told her he’d explain when we were upstairs. Austin took me upstairs to his room. “That girl was such a-”

“Austin stop,” I cut him off. “Don’t stoop to her level. We’re better than that.”

He groaned. “I know, but she hurt you. I just... I can’t leave you here with people like that.”

I shook my head. “You are not going to let me hold you back from signing with Chase/Universal. Okay? I’ll get better with this. I won’t let them hurt me. I won’t go out alone. It’ll be fine. I promise.”

He pulled me down to sit with him on his bed. “It’s not something you should try to get used to.”

I leaned my head on his shoulder. “Well I don’t have much of a choice. They’ll get used to me being around you and it won’t be as big of a deal anymore. Things will get better. As soon as you announce that you’re signed and moving and they all find out I’m staying here, they’ll forget all about me and be excited for you.”

“I don’t want them to forget about you,” Austin said. “I want them to love you as much as I do.”

“I guess you’ll just have to be disappointed. Your Mahomies are amazing, but they’re very possessive. They don’t share well. I knew this walking into it and I’m okay with that. You’re not just a normal boy anymore. You’re Austin Mahone.”

We laid in each other’s arms for a bit, but soon realized we were running out of time to pack for the trip and had to part ways to get everything done. Austin pulled my purple suitcase out of the attic and sat it on my bed. "Get packing princess."

I pulled out all the clothes I would need for the weekend trip. Some of them were nice and others were casual. I made sure I had pajamas and extra clothes. I never know what kind of adventures Austin would end up taking me on.

It took me a good bit to get all of it organized, but once I did I still needed to pack my backpack with my laptop and such. That took awhile too and by the time I was done Mama was already calling us for dinner.

She made spaghetti and had us all sit at the table to eat it. Even though I'd been here for awhile we hadn't had many "family" dinners. I sat in between Austin and Dave and stayed pretty quiet.

For once everyone kind of left me alone. Austin and Mama talked about the trip and she said she was going to check me and Austin's bags to be sure we didn't forget anything. I smiled to myself when I heard that. My mom would always triple check my luggage when we went on family trips.

They talked all about what Rocco supposedly had planned, but their discussion didn't prepare me for what we found when we landed early the next morning.

Aside from the airport being 18 times bigger than any building I'd ever set foot in, it didn't surprise me too much. What did surprise me was our transportation to get to the hotel. A Hummer limo was waiting outside our terminal to pick us up.

Austin and I just stared at it while everyone else laughed at us. "You like what you see?" Scott asked. "You might have to start getting used to it."

We climbed in and I was totally blown away by the open space. It had the little fridge with sodas and all that in it, but I wasn't all that interested. My eyes were glued to the window as the gorgeous palm trees and scenes of Miami blew past us.

I still hadn't said much, but no one really seemed to mind. Austin just kept his arm around me and talked to his mom and Scott while I looked outside. Even though I was blinded by the beauty of Florida, it wasn't the reason I was being so quiet.