Mall Fight

We started getting closer and closer to the mall and traffic started picking up. “Am I in danger?”

Zach shrugged. “Probably not.”

“Probably?”

“Yeah. Probably. We‘re reckless children. There‘s always danger where we go, Liv.”

I looked up at Alex. “What did you do? Seriously. You‘re starting to freak me out.”

He kissed my forehead. “You‘ll be fine.”

My voice squeaked. “That didn‘t answer my question!”

The guys laughed and Alex shook his head. “Just stick with me. It won‘t be that big of a deal.”

Not that big of a deal? I knew that was a big fat lie when we pulled into the mall parking lot. There were girls EVERYWHERE. Not just girls who were hanging out on a Tuesday night, but girls who had pictures of Austin’s face and Sharpies for him to sign them with. 

The mall cops were all on their walkie talkies and staring at each other in confusion. Zach pulled the van up right next to a red car. Three guys climbed out. One of them was Scott. I recognized one as Austin’s bodyguard Dave. “Alright. Seriously. What did you do?”

They started getting out of the van without answering me. Austin pulled me out his door and Alex climbed out the other side. “You guys took care of everything inside?” Austin asked them.

Scott smiled. “It‘s all set up and the turn out‘s even bigger than we expected. It‘s all going to work out.”

“What‘s going on?!?” I was starting to whine now, but I had to know what was happening. There were people everywhere and I knew it wouldn’t take them long to realize where we were. “I hate crowds of people. I freak out.”

Austin turned toward me and grabbed my shoulders. “You‘re going to be perfectly fine. Just stay with one of us and don‘t get separated.”

I barely nodded. I was only seconds from flipping out, but another girl beat me to it. Someone screamed. “They‘re over there!”

Before I knew it there were girls all over us. I tried to grab Austin’s hand since he was closest, but he shook me off thinking I was someone else. I could still see him. He was signing autographs and trying to convince everyone to move inside. People were pushing against me from all sides, trying to get to Austin. No one realized who I was. I spotted Dave and tried to move towards him, but the girls pushed me back, screeching that they were going to meet Austin before I did. I predicted that it wouldn’t be long until they started realizing who I was. 

Dave was being pushed farther from Austin too and I knew that getting to him would be my only chance of not becoming completely separated. Slowly Austin got the girls moving towards the entrance by walking away. They all followed and I thought that might have been my chance to get to Dave, but he got pushed along with them. Alex texted me, asking where I was, but I never had the chance to reply. I was getting pushed towards the entrance with everyone else, but I was falling farther behind with each step. I started looking for everyone else, but they all seemed to be lost in the crowd. 

I pushed forward with everyone else because they were all bound to be ahead of me at this point. Mall cops were stationed at the front doors by the time I got there and were turning everyone away because there were already too many people inside. I stood there for a second realizing I was stuck. Everyone else was inside and I was stuck outside the doors. 

All the girls started whining about not getting to meet Austin and his crew when someone must have finally gotten a good look at me. “Is that Olivia? Everyone look! I found Alex‘s girlfriend!”