Bromance Over Romance?

Later that night we were both over at Alex’s house with the crew and Drew. Austin opened his mouth to tell the news but I slapped him in the head. “Write it down first stupid!”

“Oh! Right.”

He picked up Alex’s whiteboard and leaned back against the wall, holding it at an angle so that no one could see it. He held it close and sat back up again. “Okay. So. Basically.” he flipped it over, flashing it in Alex’s direction. “They want to sign me, but the only way they will is if I switch managers and move to Miami.”

Silence. There was nothing but silence. Alex was the first one to speak up. “You’re leaving?”

Austin sighed and started writing again. “Well. Yeah, but not for sure yet. I’m flying out for the weekend on Friday. I’m going to meet Rocco and stuff then and I guess I’ll decide then. I want to know what you guys think. Olivia’s dead set on me doing it.”

At that moment Alex’s mom came in with a whole stack of whiteboards. That made it so much easier for us. “I think he has to go,” I said. “What if this is his only chance?”

Robert and Zach both nodded. “You have to do it man,” Robert said.

“You deserve this one,” Zach added.

Drew only nodded. “Go.”

Tyler nodded too. "Liv is right. You've been working way too long to let this go. You should move to Miami."

Alex was the only one who hadn't said anything. His opinion was a breaking point for Austin. If he said not to go then I knew Austin wouldn't even get on the plane on Friday. We all looked at him.

"It's what you want, right?" he asked. "If I can't live out my dream anymore I want you to live yours. We'll still be here when you get back," he said.

Austin nodded and just stared at the whiteboard in his hands for awhile. "I don't want to leave you guys though," he finally came up with. "I don't want to be all alone out in Miami without all of you."

I sighed. "It's now or never Austin. You can't let something like this pass. You're going to be signed. We can always buy plane tickets, but you can never take it back if you turn them down."

Austin swallowed hard. "I guess I'll take it then, but you all have to promise me something." We stared at him. "You won't forget about me, right? I was here with you before all of this started. I won't forget you guys."

Everyone got all riled up over that, telling him he was being a fool and bro hugging everywhere. Alex couldn't really get up, so after everything died down a bit Austin sunk himself into the couch and put Alex in a headlock. For some reason it turned into a hug.

Next thing I knew, video games were being pulled out and I turned into the 7th wheel to their mass bro-fest. Even Drew wasn't left out this time. He finally seemed like he was fitting in with the older boys. I was the odd one out this time.

I curled up in a chair in the corner and laid my head on the arm rest. It didn't bother me too much that no one tossed me a controller and asked me to play, but it bothered me a little that no one seemed notice I was in the corner by myself.

I shrugged it off, knowing it was unintentional. They liked having me around, they just needed their guy time. I stared intently at my phone for a while. Out of the blue it started to ring. Kylie was calling me.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered.

"Hey," she said quietly. "Look I wanted to talk about the other day. I'm sorry. I was being a total bitch. I shouldn't have told you that you changed. I was out of line and I shouldn't have pushed Dillon away. I'm so sorry. You're not a slut or whatever I said you were. Dillon's not a lying faggot either. I was really stupid. I lost two of my only friends because of it. Can you forgive me?"