Dad Needs You

Magsimula sa umpisa

Well, there's no way you'd know we needed help unless she told you because I haven't even put a sign up yet. Okay. Let's talk in my office.

I walk in with her and fill out my application while we talk I tell her I've worked at Taco Bell for two years but would like to find better employment. She looks me over and pulls the schedule off the wall then writes my name down under Abby's and copies her schedule.

Okay Andrew you will shadow Abby for your first two weeks. She has become one of our best sales reps. You will do well to follow her example. I do not accept tardiness or absentees. If you have an issues let me know. I'm willing to work with you if there's a problem with your schedule but you'll have to bring it to my attention. Any questions?

Nope but please call me Andy.

We talk a little more and I head out to meet the guys but they refuse to ride with me to dad's house lately. They say I stay to long. We pull in and I see that Abby's home but someone else is here. It looks like Alex's car but we don't know what he'd be doing here. We walk in and I hear her asking some weird questions so we walk to the living room and their sitting on the couch talking about chemistry they look at us and Alex says hi but she just grins and goes back to the lesson then Tom walks over actually interested so we walk over and Alex tells us what he's telling her. Then she asks if we we're thirsty so we say yes and she throws her purse on the table before goes for drinks but her checkbook plops out. Me being curious I grab it opening it and I thought I read it wrong so I ask Alex if it says what I thought it says and he read it out loud as his eyes widened.

Yeah that's what I thought it said. I'll be right back.

They watched as I headed into the kitchen and went off on her but she took the checkbook telling me she just got her inheritance today and my dad's money was in the cookie jar then she punched me in the throat so I couldn't breath then she grabbed her purse thanking Alex as took off to her room. Tom and Gary said they were going with Alex. I didn't want to go so I went home and turned on my computer when my mom called and saying my dad called her and she's going over to talk to him. They occasionally get together to discuss me but my step dad Harold stays home and she screws my dad. I say okay and tell her to have fun with that and hang up. Then I look at my computer to see Abby in her room packing her things and crying. I shut my computer off and run to my car. I know I've done a lot of things wrong and I know I'm a dick but she can't leave my dad, it'll crush him. She doesn't know what her mom leaving did to him. Now she's his baby and he needs her. Yeah I want her to but I have to be her brother. I won't let Sean be right about me. I drive as fast as I can pulling in at dad's and running past my parents making out but I ignore them and run up to Abby's room. I try to open the door but it's locked. I try to get her to let me in but she refuses telling me to go away but I can't do that. I twist the knob and shove the door one good shove pooping it open. She jumps telling me to leave that I don't live here but I don't care I grab her bags dumping them on her bed while she smacks me but I throw them across the room. Then she picks up her other bag and starts to fill it but I stop her and she goes off. We go back and forth then I can't do it anymore. I do want her but my mom yells I tell her bye then pull her into a kiss. I want to keep kissing her and do anything she wants but I pull away and tell her we shouldn't and she says we're not that I kissed her and I used her for her body but before I can explain dad yells. I throw her luggage in her closet and she put her things away then gave me a photo album. I flip through it quickly and she tells me about the pictures but it comes to pictures of her and dad. There's several of them some of her and him playing the game and others where she's in the Kitchen handing him coffee or a plate but then there's the one of them sleeping on the couch with their controllers in their hands. That was my favorite. Dad looks and chuckles but still complains about the door so I tell him I'll fix it. We discuss her birthday briefly Then I notice her yawning so we say goodnight and leave her to go to sleep but as soon as we get downstairs dad asks what's going on.

What was the fire? You and Abby hated each other and now your all about her. What's happened?

We're cool with each other now but she went to dinner with Sean and her father and he gave her a bank book in her name with her inheritance and she's not to happy to get it. They gave her millions of dollars. She's a millionaire dad but she'd rather be here with you than have their money.

He grins but I pull him to the kitchen and opening the cookie jar.

Look the money you've been giving her she hasn't spent it and look she wore a check for herself to cash to put back what she spent. She doesn't want to use you. She doesn't eat lunch at school. I didn't know why. I just thought she was fat and was trying to lose weight but she was trying not to spend your money. I just got hired at Kohl's. Now that she's got all that money she'll probably quit.

He puts the lid on the cookie jar and pushes it back but leaves the money and the note how she has it.

She may quit but I don't think she will. I think you underestimate her.

He insist while I think about a few things she's done that have shocked me but I'll really be shocked if she keeps working with that kind of money. We talk a little more then I head to my mom's to put Harold's stereo in so she'll shut up about it. I don't know why he couldn't put his own stereo in. He claims he can do anything all the time. I get finished and turn it on and everything works so I walk in and hand him his keys then as I leave he walks to the door with me.

So Andy since your mother and father think I'm stupid and are fucking behind my back how about you tell me when I can expect her to be over there so I can go out myself?

I look at him and push his arm of my shoulder.

I came here from my dad's you dick. I was with my parents the whole time. If you think my mom's cheating then divorce her and if you want some strange divorce her because obviously you don't love her. But don't get my dad involved. He's to busy taking care of my new step sister and fighting with my step mom.

He steps away as my mom walks over after hearing my rant. She hugs me and tells me to go home then turn to Harold and smacks him before I even get out the door.

How dare you ask my son to...

I close the door and walk off. I can't believe I just had to lie and defend my moms cheating ass and she acted like it was nothing. I'm sure she'll want to talk later but still. She's lucky I don't like Harold. When I get home Tom and Gary are still home so I shower then check on Abby but she's sleeping. I shut off my screen then lay down for the night.
___________________________________

With Abby settling back in, Andy fights his urges to be with her even though she seems to want him and he's spying on her. Then to top things off Andy has to lie and defend his mom for his dad.
Not to mention the lie he told to get hired at Kohl's. What will Abby think about that?

Comment
Share

Thanks for reading.