I got so lost in my devious plans of candy-stealing that it took me a few seconds to register that Derek was still talking to me, which to be honest; I didn’t understand why he bothered. I wasn’t special. I wasn’t some bimbo that he usually humped and dumped. I’ve only been here for a month and I’ve seen enough around school to know that. But yet here he was, talking to me, almost like he cared.

“Alright then, you don’t have to tell me who messed up that pretty little face of yours, Nova. But you can’t go to school looking like hell. You’ll be a target for Amber’s antics.” Derek said, putting emphasis on the fact he didn’t say ‘little’ in front of my name.

“Yeah, well why do you care what Amber does and doesn’t do to me?” I huffed. Seriously though, why did he care?

“I don’t.” he said. Huh, so much for caring then.

But that just raised another question out of me, “Then why are you telling me all of this?” I quizzed.

“What is this, twenty questions?” He asked, evading my question, and moving away from me. How did I not notice he was so close? “Look, I was just worried because you were seen going home with me this weekend. And I don’t want a bunch of bullshit rumors spreading around because you came to school looking like hell, and it somehow being my fault. That’s. All.” The worlds flew out of his mouth and for a split second I saw regret flash across his eyes;

Nevertheless, his words had hurt. Because for some reason I was starting to think that maybe the crush I had on Derek wasn’t just one-sided, and that he actually might feel a little attraction towards me. All of this was cleared up with his previous statement. I don’t like being talked to rudely, even when it was by Derek. God, he was just so damn sexy! He was wearing a tight black shirt that showed his muscles through, and dark jeans that made him look ever so deli- Stop Nova! He is a jerk. He just openly admitted that he didn’t give a damn about you. Come on, witty remark in 3, 2-

“Look Derek, I could actually care less about your reputation. Okay? I don’t care what I said to you when I was drunk. I didn’t mean any of it. Why don’t you just walk along and leave me alone? In fact, why don’t you leave me alone and never speak to me again?” Ha! Sticking it to the man! I said as I walked a quicker pace ahead of him.  

But he matched my quickened pace with ease. “Nova, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I said back there. Just let me-”

I didn’t let him finished, because I walked even faster to get away from him. But he matched my pace again, with ease, and grabbed my arm, forcing me to look at him.

“Let me make it up to you.” He looked me in the eyes and I swear I felt my body pull towards him. He was just so good looking. And His eyes, they were so inviting. But I had to stay strong!

“Why should I, Derek? You’ve made yourself clear.” I stated. It was getting hard to resist him when he was touching me; it felt like electricity was shooting through his hand and into my arm.

“Because, Nova, you already agreed to hang out with me some other time. Remember?” he smirked, knowing that he’s won this argument.

I sighed, because I did remember. “I never said that it was going to be now. Besides,” I motioned towards the school not 30 feet away, “We have school.”

If it was even possible, his smirk grew even wider. “Skip school Nova. Be a badass for once in your life! Hell, your shirt even says ‘Rebel’! Live up to it.” he urged.

A badass? Me? No, I was just a loser, who happened to have a huge crush on the boy standing in front of me, asking me to hang out.

Why was I saying no again?

I couldn’t remember, because I was lost in his eyes.

I had to cave, just this once. I bit my lip, “Okay…but you’re taking the blame when we get caught!”

“We’re not going to get caught, my little badass.” He smirked, grabbed my arm, and pulled me in the other direction. We were going to have to work on him calling me little, I didn’t care how short I actually was.

-----

A/N

I couldn't kill Noah off so early in the story! That would be so irrational. he he he!

What do you think of Derek and how he's being Nancy Drew with who wants Nova hurt?

Where do you think Derek is going to take Nova on their day of playing hookie?

Song: Avenged Sevenfold - Walk

COMMENT

VOTE

ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY

SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

love-

WingsOfAnAngelx