“I’m…so sorry Noah.” I barely even whispered as tears welled up in my eyes. “It’s all my fault, it’s all my fault. I should’ve heard you, helped you!” The tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I cried over my brother. I knew I should probably call 911, and let the EMTs take his body. But I couldn’t. For what felt like forever I cried over my brother, guilt ridden, and full of complete and udder shock and sorrow.

The next thing that happened I really didn’t see coming.

I heard laughing.

Wait. What?

“You fell for it!” Noah cackled as he jumped up, pointing at my tearful face. “I can’t believe you actually fell for this!” He doubled over in laughter.

I stood there, shock clearly written all over my face. He faked it? I’ve never been so scared in my life, and Noah was just playing a joke? I stood there for a minute, frozen. And then,

That was it.

“NOAH! FOR GODS SAKE THAT WAS NOT FUNNY! I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT SOMETHING TERRIBLE HAD HAPPENED!” I was seeing red with anger. I know it was just a silly prank, but I couldn’t help but be furious. I thought my brother had been brutally murdered!

Seeing how upset I was, Noah tried to tone down his laughter. “I’m sorry Nove. But you should’ve seen your face!” He said, busting out laughing again.

I still wasn’t laughing; in fact, I was going to give Noah a hard time about this. Without a word, I walked out the door.

“Come on Nova! Come back!” Noah said, following me. He was still covered in fake blood and claw marks as he chased after me.

I ignored him, and continued my pursuit out the door.

“At least let me take you to school!” He offered, sounding guilty.

“Bite me.” I said without looking at him. I continued walking to school; it was the best way to vent out my anger.

Could I really be so gullible that I actually though some rabid animal came in the middle of the night, tore Noah to pieces, and no one seriously heard? I’m such an idiot!

Damn right you are! My inner voice mocked.

Great, I wasn’t going to be able to calm down anytime soon. I continued my walk, well, my stomping off to school. It only was a 10 minute drive by car, so how long could it take by foot?

I was still a little jumpy from Noah’s stunt this morning, and I hadn’t noticed the sound of footsteps behind me. I grunted, it was probably Noah anyway.

“Look Noah, I’m still severely pissed at what you did. It’s best that you fuck off and leave me alone right now, if you know what’s good for you.” I said through my gritted teeth.

I heard a sexy chuckle behind me, followed by, “Well, I’m glad I’m not Noah then.”

I turned around, “Derek? Since when do you walk to school?”

“Since I felt like it.” He answered.

Wow. He was so informative. Sarcasm.

That’s when I remembered, I probably looked like total and complete crap seeing as how I had just cried over Noah’s prank, so I blushed and turned back around, continuing my walk while shielding my face from Derek.

Unfortunately, I didn’t turn around in time for him not to notice, “Damn, Little Nova, what the hell happened to your face?” he asked.

“For the last time, don’t call me little, and it’s actually none of your business, Derek. I barely know you! I don’t have to tell you my personal life.” I wouldn’t usually be so angry towards Derek, especially when he always looked to sexy and intimidating, but I was beyond angry. I would probably steal a candy from a baby and not feel the least bit guilty. I could even punch an elderly person, and then laugh afterwards! Yeah, I was that pissed. I continued my walk to school, hoping he would give up on talking to me.