Epilogue

Shadow's POV

Shadow sat on the sofa playing a racing game on the TV the following morning. Even when an experienced father, he still had a bit of a childish side. He shoved Silver out of the way of his snowboard, playing as himself, before chasing down Sonic, leaving Knuckles in the dust.
"Fakers, you can't beat me. You never could and you never will."
"Dad, who are you talking to?"Maria yelled from the kitchen, her mouth full of banana and porridge.
"Just the game."
"You winning then?"
"Oh, yeah. I just beat Sonic, Silver and Knuckles."
"Cool," Maria glanced out the window, "Oh, they're here. I'll get my stuff."
"I've already put it by the door, Maria," Y/N flopped down on the sofa beside Shadow.
"Oh, thanks Mom!" Maria rushed to pick up her bags and ran out the door to meet her uncles and aunts, "See you later!"
"Don't get too much homework!" Shadow yelled after her, "I've got enough paperwork as it is!"
Y/N laughed, "GUN sure gives you enough to do."
"I know."
"You want to race?"
"Always."
Both hedgehogs crossed the finish line at the same time. Both of them laughed, before Shadow switched the console off and pinned Y/N to the couch.
"I thought you had paperwork to do," Y/N smiled.
He pushed her down a bit, "The paperwork can wait. I have another job to do first."
He kissed her again, tongue creeping into her mouth. Scourge and Scorch could've attacked, but he didn't care. As long as Y/N was with him, he was happy.