Story Revealed

A/N

Please don't hate me for putting so many lyrics in both this Chapter and one of the chapters to come in the future. It just works out. Don't start the video just yet.

Y/N's POV

Sonic, Silver and the girls woke up not long after Zeleon left. None of them were aware of what had happened until Y/N and Shadow told them.
"...Then he started going on about making a mistake by taking over the minds of two "daughters of Cercerus" and two "sons of Helioa". It sounded like crazy talk."
As the two names were mentioned, F/N stiffened again, "I've heard those names."
"So have I," B/F/N muttered.
"Me too," Silver burst out, "When I lived in the future, my tutor Mr. Edmund told me an old legend. Once, this world was ruled by three brothers: Helioa, Cercerus and Zeleon. They provided energy for everything until Zeleon was corrupted by his jealousy of his two brothers. It twisted him so much he killed his own family. He's wanted to control everything and everyone ever since. But his brothers knew what he wanted. Helioa created three male hedgehog spirits, one found in light, that's Sonic, one in darkness, that's me, and one in between the two, that's Shadow. I just figured it out. Cercerus released three wolf spirits that would only be released when the girls that inherited them are almost defeated by, or almost defeat, I can never remember which, Zeleon. The six of them are destined to free the world when the time comes. I think Edmund meant the six of us."
"Mom and Dad used to tell us that story before Y/N was born and they died six months later. She never heard the story."
"But... wolf spirits? How come I'm still a hedgehog?"
"I guess they haven't been released yet. It was a chemical/nuclear reaction that turned you into a hedgehog, sis," B/F/N gently put an arm around her, "I guess the fact they haven't been released is why we're still human."
"Silver, why didn't you tell us this before?" Sonic shoved Silver, annoyed.
"I didn't know this would happen! I only realised what was going on when I tried to go back to the future to ask Edmund what was happening to the girls, but it wouldn't work and I was captured. My future world no longer exists."
"So, the future's gonna be reshaped? How?" Shadow started to look agitated again.
"Hey, easy buddy," Sonic gently put his hand on Shadow's shoulder.
"Y/N, I think it's time we all warmed up a bit. I'm freezing," F/N rubbed her arms.
Without speaking, Y/N tossed a ball of fire into the centre of their circle, picturing Zeleon's face where it landed. It felt good to be burning something she really hated, even if it was just in her head. Everyone except her and Shadow gathered around the flames, heating up.
"Shadow? Are you OK?"
"I just... I don't get it. Why would Zeleon want to take over everything now? Why not before I met you?"
"I don't understand it either. But that's all in the past now. I think we just need to focus on what's going on at the moment before we figure out why."
Shadow stayed quiet for several minutes, not looking at anything in particular, before speaking up, Y/N?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm cold."
Y/N pulled him closer, holding him tight to warm his through. She was the one who controlled flames, after all, so she was always warm.
"You know what would lift everyone's spirits, guys?" she looked at the four around the fire (start video now).
"What?" all of them looked hopefully at her.
Y/N and Shadow shared a look that obviously said, "Let's go, cos you know what I mean."

Y/N:You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep
Shadow: 'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave tear drops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

"Oh, I know this one!" Both girls laughed and joined in.

B/F/N and F/N: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Sonic and Silver caught on quickly too, recognising the lyrics.

Sonic: 'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance
Silver: A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread

Everyone: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Y/N, Shadow and B/F/N: Leave my door open just a crack
Silver, Sonic and F/N: Please take me away from here
Y/N, Shadow and B/F/N:'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Silver, Sonic and F/N:Please take me away from here
Y/N, Shadow and B/F/N:Why do I tire of counting sheep?
Silver, Sonic and F/N: Please take me away from here
Y/N, Shadow and B/F/N:When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

Silver: To ten million fireflies
F/N: I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
Sonic: I got misty eyes as they said farewell
B/F/N: But I'll know where several are
Shadow: If my dreams get real bizarre
Y/N: 'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar

Everyone: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

  I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems.

Y/N and Shadow: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
Because my dreams are bursting at the seams

Th song ended the same way it began, with Y/n and Shadow singing on their own. All of them laughed and cheered, spirits lifted despite their situation. Throughout the rest of the night, they sat around singing random songs until they fell asleep.