Cercerus' Legacy

Shadow's POV

Shadow yelled as Y/N fell to the ground, creating a giant crater where she landed. There was so much smoke he couldn't see anything beyond five feet ahead of him. He rushed towards her. With Zeleon gone, all the humans and mobians had been freed, but he didn't care about them. Reaching the rim of the crater, he fell to his knees. Y/N's crumpled silhouette lay in the centre of the smoke.
"No. She can't be dead. It can't be this way."
Sonic, Silver, B/F/N and F/N gathered behind him, gasping when they saw what he had. The rest of the team, disorientated but unharmed, clustered with them. A collective gasp ran through the whole crowd of mobians and humans. Shadow hadn't noticed, but the silhouette had moved. Lowering his hands from his face, he looked up at the sky. He had heard somewhere that when someone dies, some stars change into a constellation representing something about that person, and he was looking for Y/N's. Something brushed against his knees, making him look back down. A hand was gripping the rim of the dip in the earth. He grabbed it, hauling Y/N out. She was glowing with red energy.
"I thought you were dead."

"What can I say? I die hard."

The whole group laughed at her remark, then gasped again as she and her sisters rose into the air. B/F/N and F/N shrank to Y/N's size, while Y/N seemed to grow slightly. Her quills became bushier, her ears lengthened a little, her teeth grew a slight point. As they were set down, B/F/N and F/N had changed into wolves. B/F/N was blue with black streaks, while F/N was white with a bit of orange in her fur. Manic and Espio stood behind them, gently hugging the two. Espio had obviously talked to B/F/N as Y/N had said ages before. Shadow looked at her, taking in her new features.

"Is it bad?"

"No. You just look wilder, I guess. And I like that."
She rested her head on his chest, "Thankfully, this is all over now."
He nodded, "Yeah. And from now on, you're my favourite werehog."

Several days later, Sonic called the group together, which now included Manic, Espio, B/F/N and F/N.

"Guys, I've been thinking."
"Uh oh. Danger alert," Silver laughed."
"Silv, I'm being serious. This was crowded before, and with four newbies, it'll be impossible to fit us all in, even with all of us sharing rooms. Silver and Blaze already share, as do Rouge and Amy and Knuckles and Tails. There's no way we can all fit in."
"Are you saying we should get our own houses?!" Rouge yelped, almost jumping with excitement.

"Yeah, I am."
"But we'll still meet up though."

"Of course."
Y/N and Shadow glanced at each other, sharing the same thought: "We are so living together."
Amy squealed, "Does that mean I get to live with you, Sonic?"
Sonic sighed, "Yes Amy. It means we can live together."
"Yay!"
"Well, if nobody objects, I want to live with B/F/N," Espio smiled as B/F/N, now a blue and black wolf, blushed crimson.
"And I want to be with F/N," Manic grinned. F/N, now a white version of B/F/N, went such a deep red she looked like a tomato in the snow.
"Fine."
"Then I'm living with Knuckles."
"And I'm with Blaze."
"Well, it's all settled then. We'll sort out new homes at some point in the near future."