Breakout

Y/N's POV

Y/N threw herself at Scorch, fury burning through her veins. Flames twisted into glowing, white-hot armour.

"How could you take Shadow like he was something for sale? Just... How could you?"
Scorch tried to kick her but missed, "He's the only one I care about more than my brother. That doesn't take much, though, since Scourge is a moron!"
"I heard that!"
"I know you did, you're practically right next to me."
"Less talking, more fighting, sis!"
While Scorch and Scourge were distracted, Y/N untied the bundle from her waist and tossed the helmet and gauntlets to Shadow, "Remember what happened when we defeated Mephiles!"
He caught them, nodded and slipped them on. Leaving the rest of the armour next to Sonic so Shadow could grab it if he needed to, Y/N kicked Scorch's legs from under her. Pinning her down with one foot, she seized some of the torn ropes from nearby and bound Scorch's arms and legs.
"Sorry about this, sister. Some of us actually have lives to get on with."
Not waiting for a reply, Y/N shot through the door and out into the forest after Sonic.exe.

It wasn't long before a chaos blast shot Y/N's way from Sonic.exe. He grinned like a maniac as he hovered nearly fifty feet above the ground."
"So, it's come to the final showdown. Pity it won't last long."
"Too bad it won't be my end."
Enraged already, Sonic.exe charged at her. She stepped to one side, snatching the Emeralds from him. Absorbing their power, she rose up into the air, Chaos combining with her flames (OMG she's going super!!). More powerful than ever, she glowed gold with new strength.
"Leaving the party so soon?" she laughed, launching a burning Chaos Spear straight for him. He tried to deflect it, but it plunged into his left leg, ruining his chances to run away. Calling the weapon back to her, she rushed towards him, thrusting a barrage of flames into his face. He hurled them back, and Y/N used her spear to throw them to one side. Fire raged in a storm around the two.
"Struggling, huh?" Sonic.exe gasped.
"In your dreams, buddy," Y/N growled, not tired at all.
"I'll change that."
"Says who?"
"I do!" Throwing himself into a frenzy, he threw a flurry of punches and blasts straight for her. The fist she avoided easily, but the blasts curved back towards her. Most of them were absorbed by her Chaos Control, but several of them slipped through her guard, wounding her badly. Her strength gone, she collapsed, the gold fading from her fur. Weak, she lifted her head, only to find Sonic.exe was gone.
"Any last words?" his voice growled from below her left ear as he lowered his head to bite into her neck, his arms holding hers behind her. Y/N thrashed, trying to wrench herself free, to no avail.

"I have some. GET AWAY FROM MY GIRLFRIEND!!!!"
Out of nowhere, Shadow, covered in his armour, flung Sonic.exe away from her. She fell backwards into his arms, a small graze on her shoulder from where Sonic.exe had almost bitten her. Shadow pulled her close, one blade held high, aimed at where Sonic.exe had landed. Y/N twisted herself so she could bury her head in his chest if she needed to. A wound on her back was streaming with blood, as were two others on her legs. She could barely move from the pain. Sonic.exe came flying straight at them, and impaled himself on Shadow's sword. Grinning like a madman, he gasped for air.
"This is only the beginning. There will be more times. I will get a second chance!"
He glowed dark purple, evaporating into thin air. Y/N's head swam, her vision sliding in and out of focus.
"Y/N? Please, don't die on me again. I can't take it."
"I... I know... I think... my back... my legs... Shadow, please...." Her vision suddenly went black.