The Injured Shadow

Y/N's POV

Y/N threw Scourge to the ground, trapping him with her flames when the explosion happened. Debris flew everywhere, forcing her down to the ground to avoid getting hit.
"Shadow! Maria!"
Scourge looked up, laughing, "They were helpless in there, stuck in glass capsules."
"No!" Y/N screamed, "I don't believe that!"
"It's true. They're gone," Scorch cackled, "If we can't have your daughter's power, nobody can."
Y/N fell to her knees, sobbing, "It can't be true. It just can't be."
"Y/N," Sonic placed a hand on her shoulder, the rest of the kids behind him, "There's something by that tree. It's glowing."
She backed up, arms wide to protect everyone else, "Everyone behind me. I don't care what happens to me now."
The light intensified until none of them could look at it. Tears flew from Y/N's eyes. What she had said was true. She didn't care now that Shadow and Maria were presumed dead.
"Y/N, you don't have to do this," Silver tried to push past her.
"I don't care."
"No, really, that looks like a Chaos Control to me."
"What?! It could be Shadow!"
"Possibly."
The glow slowly dimmed, silhouetting two figures against the ground, one holding the other close to protect them. Spots danced in Y/N's vision and she had to blink several times to get rid of them. Maria slid off her father, who wasn't moving.
"Dad, wake up! Mom's here, Dad! Dad!" she shrieked, shaking him hard, "Dad... wake up."
"Shadow..." Y/N rushed to her daughter's side, "Maria, let me check something."
Maria moved to one side, clutching Shadow's hand as her mother pressed two fingers to his neck. She felt around for a pulse, but a gentle touch on her other hand made her stop.
"I'm not dead, you know."
"Shadow? You're alive?"
"Dad!"
"I'm still alive, guys. I'm still alive - OW!"
Shadow had tried to sit up too quickly. He keeled over, rolling onto his stomach. Debris had buried itself into his back, cutting deep into the muscle there. Blood crusted on his back spines. Maria crawled over to her father's head.
"You'll be OK Dad. I know you will."
"I know, Maria. Y/N, could you?"
"Of course I will," Y/N softly kissed his forehead and went to work healing his back. The rubble melted when she touched it, making it easy for her to remove it. Once it was all out, she pressed her right hand over the wound, but her skills with fire weren't strong enough. Maria gently put her hand on top of her mother's, which was huge in comparison, and focused hard. With mother and daughter working together, the injury didn't take long to fade away.
"Thanks."
"No problem."
"Mom, aren't we forgetting someone?"
"Oh, yes. Scourge and Scorch."
"You will never defeat us."
"Oh really? In our eyes, you've already lost," Y/N, Maria and Shadow joined hands, sharing all their power. Maria, who was in the centre, launched a beam of flame straight for Scourge and Scorch. They weren't given time to react. Instantly, they were thrown back into town, landing just behind Y/N, Shadow and Maria's home.
"They're pretty much done for."