What's With Rouge?

Shadow's POV

"See you."

Y/N put down the phone, shaking her head and chuckling. Shadow came up behind her and gently wrapped his arms around her. He had obviously startled her, but she relaxed quickly.

"Who was that?"
"My two crazy sisters. They want to meet me at the park tomorrow at two."
"How did they...?"
"Looked Sonic's number up."

Shadow whistled and squeezed her softly. She leaned her head back against his chest, smiling. He rested his chin in her quills. Once again, like the time in Mephiles' arena when she had first kissed him, he felt like he wasn't touching the ground. He noticed Rouge giving the pair of them a really dirty look. What's her problem?  he thought to himself. He looked at her, confused, and she looked away.

"Are you OK?"
"Yeah I'm fine."

Y/N gently nudged his shoulder with her head, "Wanna talk about it?"
"No, I'm OK."

"Fine by me," Y/N's quills tickled his neck, making him blush bright red. He laughed and softly pushed her away.

"Stop it, that tickles."
Amy, Silver and Sonic laughed too. Y/N made a silly pouting face, making everyone laugh even more. Even Rouge and Knuckles started chuckling. Y/N was laughing so much she fell over, accidentally pulling Shadow down with her. He landed beneath her, pinned down.

"Sorry."
"I've got you right where I want you."
"Huh?!"

Shadow's head spun. Heart racing, he thought, Oh god, she's gonna kiss me again. Extreme embarrassment incoming. As she came closer, his thoughts changed, Why am I embarrassed about this? She's done this to me before. Instead of holding back, he pulled her down against him and pressed his lips against hers. She pushed him back, both arms around his neck. A sudden sob and a door banging made them push away from each other.

"What was that?"
"Rouge just jumped up and ran out," Amy told them.

"I'll go talk to her," Knuckles started towards the door.

"No," Shadow caught his arm, "I will. If she ran out because of us two, I'll be the one to find out."
"Shadow..." he turned, looking back at Y/N, "Do you want me to go with you?"

He gently helped her up, "No. If you're with me she's bound to get more upset. I'll go on my own."

Y/N rested her head on his chest once again, "OK."
"I could never leave you. Remember that."