Gang Captured

As Shadow slowly woke up, he couldn't remember anything that had happened a day before, just the fact that he and Y/N were together. He tried to move to pull her closer, only to find he couldn't move his hands. Groaning, everything came flooding back in a few seconds. His capture, Y/N being thrown in with him, Scourge kissing her, everything. He coughed, pushing his head into her chest. She stirred, one hand in his quills. Opening one eye, she smiled, gently hugging him closer.
"Wish we didn't have to go through this huh?"
"Yeah."
The two of them lay together, using Y/N's flames to keep warm. It wasn't long before Scourge came in and dragged her out of the room, leaving Shadow cold and alone. He heard raised voices from three different people: Y/N, Scourge and Scorch. Hauling his knees up to his chest, he covered his ears to block out any noise of any blows being thrown at Y/N. Before long, she was shoved back in, battered and bruised, as the green and orange hedgehog strolled in carrying two chairs and a lot of rope.
"We have visitors. Time to make you two look presentable."
Both black-and-red hedgehogs were forced down into the chairs, hands behind them. Rope was wound around them, encasing the pair in a cocoon of fibre. However, neither of them were blindfolded or gagged, though Shadow remained trapped in the net. As the door closed behind Scourge and Scorch, he turned to where he knew Y/N was.
"Can you burn through these?"
"I'm just trying. I think these ropes and chairs are fireproof. They're not burning at all."
"Who do you think -?"
"I know it's Sonic and the others. Sonic followed me when I tried to free you. He must have marked where the hideout is and gone back for help."
"They'll get themselves killed!"
"I don't think those three will kill them yet. Knowing them, I think they'll force them to watch as they take over the planet."
"Sonic.exe always wanted to take over. I guess this is it. This is all my fault. If I hadn't let my guard down, I wouldn't have been captured."
"If you hadn't been captured, I wouldn't have brought the Chaos Emeralds to try and set you free."
"Quiet in there! Do you want to be knocked out?" Scorch yelled through the door.

"I'm sorry," Shadow whispered softly.
"Don't worry about it. It was those three who wanted to capture you. If this is anyone's fault, it's their's."
A loud series of bangs, yells and crackles that sounded a bit like electricity came from outside the door. Sonic and Silver were yelling for Shadow and Y/N, but neither of the two could answer because they wouldn't be heard over the noise of the battle. In what felt like seconds, the area outside the door fell silent. The wooden barrier opened slowly, allowing Scourge, Scorch and Sonic.exe to drag in the wounded bodies of the team, with two additional boys, a chameleon and a hedgehog. The hedgehog was green and looked a bit like Sonic. The chameleon was purple and had a yellow horn right in the middle of his forehead. Shadow took a sharp intake of breath.
"Manic and Espio. What are they doing here?"
Sonic groaned and looked up at him, "They came to help you two get out. Turns out we needed more of us to beat these three."
Anger swelled like magma within Shadow, filling him with a rage so powerful, he felt as if he would explode from it. What right did Scourge, Scorch and Sonic.exe have to hurt those who just wanted their friends back? What right did they have to harm those who had done nothing wrong? What right did they have to separate two lovers and hold them against their will? None, that's what. His fury created a surge of strength he had never felt before. This new power fizzed through every part of him, to the tips of his quills, the tips of his fingers and feet. The ropes gave way against the strain of new power flowing through him, allowing him to get up. Sparks crackled in his quills. Furious, he rushed Sonic.exe, hurling him back through the door and into the forest outside. Scourge and Scorch took a few steps backwards before he threw them to the ground.

"Shadow! There's a knife in my belt! If you use it to free me -!" Y/N started to say. 
"I don't need a knife," Shadow interrupted, tearing the bonds off her with his bare hands. She got up, rubbing her arms to get rid of the rope burn and start the circulation again. Both hedgehogs turned to the two lying on the ground, pushing themselves to their feet.
"Told you you wouldn't get away with this."
"There's still time. Just you wait!"
"Why not do it now?"
With that, the battle of the hedgehogs began.