Imprisoned

Shadow's POV

Shadow was half-asleep, feverish, starving and freezing, when Y/N was thrown into the cell. She struck the ground twice, rolled and came up on one knee, as if she was about to fight. A long cut on the back of her left arm was bleeding badly. Blood trickled from a cut on her lip.
"You won't get away with this!" she coughed, spitting some of the scarlet liquid onto the stone floor in front of her.
"Too bad you can't stop us," Scourge laughed from the doorway. He slammed dark upon the two, leaving them alone. Y/N threw a fireball into the air, letting it hover so she could see. Shadow groaned, twisting his tortured body so he could see her. He had been whipped with a slender branch a lot when he wouldn't talk to Scorch, which was pretty much every time she had spoken to him. Cuts lined his face and back. Blood had matted all over him: in his quills, on his face, down his bound arms and legs. She cried out when she saw him and crouched beside him.

"What the heck did they do to you?!" she yelled, gathering him up in her arms, "Hang on, you're frozen. Let me set something on fire."
Whirling around, she flung a fireball onto the ground just behind her. She hauled him towards it as far as his bonds would allow, and moved the flames closer to help him warm up. Sitting behind him, she started to try and heal the cuts on his back.
"Have you even eaten since you were captured?"
He shook his head, unable to speak. His throat was too dry and his voice wouldn't work. Once again, he leaned against her, knowing he would find comfort there.
"Hey, hey. It's OK. I'm here."
"I know," finally managing to end his silence, he croaked like a frog. Shivering, he forced his bound legs up towards his chest to try and preserve as much warmth as possible. Y/N quickly created a blanket like cover from her flames and wrapped him in it.
"Any better?"
The heat flooded through him, right down to his feet and he nodded, head on her stomach. Her quills gently tickled his well-muscled chest. The fire on the floor sizzled, forgotten.
"If I could make any kind of food or drink, I would. For both of us."
"Speaking of which..." the door was pulled open slowly. Scourge sauntered in, a small tray held in his hands. He crouched beside them, putting the food down in front of them. Tracing his fingers across Y/N's head, through her quills, he grinned.
"I'm sorry you have to go through this, babe."
"No you're not."

Chuckling, he planted a kiss on her lips, fastening a collar and a leash around her neck. She shoved him away with one hand.
"Just leave us alone."
"As you wish," still laughing quietly, Scourge moved towards the door before looking back at her, "I'll come back for you, though, babe."
As he left, Y/N shuddered, "Ugh, I feel like I'm gonna be sick now."
"Don't be," Shadow managed to croak out as she lifted the cup to his lips. Since both his hands were tied together, she had to do it for him. Gently supporting his head with one hand, she carefully poured the liquid down his throat, soothing it. Once he had drunk enough, she drained the glass in one gulp, and sniffed the food.
"Doesn't seem to be drugged. I can't smell anything suspicious."
"Should be OK to eat then."
She smiled and kissed him sweetly on the lips. Savouring each moment as if it was the last time she would do this, her hands curled in his quills and fur. He kissed her back, erasing any trace of Scourge from her. She pulled away slowly.

"Thanks. I needed that."
"Me too."
When both had eaten enough, Y/N created a second fire-blanket and draped it over herself. Together, the two of them curled up and fell asleep.