Uncovered Missing

Y/N's POV

Y/N and the girls wandered home together, having spent about an hour finding their favourite films ready for their movie night. Rouge had picked "Avatar" as her favourite, Amy chose "1 Direction: This Is Us" (yes, Amy is a Directioner in this), and Blaze had grabbed "Firestorm" (I just made that one up).

"So what's Guardians of the Galaxy like?" Amy wondered.
"It's a really good film, but there is some swearing in it. Just so you know."
"Who cares? Avatar's got swearing in it too."
"I know, I've seen it before."
"Really? Then you'll know what happens...? Y/N? What are you looking at?"
Y/N didn't answer. She was staring at a note pinned with a DVD and a picture to the door. She passed Rouge the single bag she carried and pulled the note off the door.
"Watch this and all will be revealed," she muttered, reading the note aloud. She glanced at the picture and gasped. Falling to her knees, she cried out.
"No! It can't be! Impossible!"
The photo slipped from her grasp. Frozen on the paper, Shadow, bound and panicked, was trapped in a net and blindfolded. Rouge cried out too when she saw it. The other girls gathered around Y/N, hugging to try and calm her down. The door suddenly opened. Sonic and Silver stood over them looking pretty shocked. Y/N lifted the picture, holding it out so they could see it. Sonic clapped his hand across his mouth while Silver shook his head to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Carefully, the boys helped her up, the girls clinging to each other to walk inside. Tails took the DVD from her, flicked on his laptop and put it in. Y/N slumped on the sofa beside him as he passed her the computer. All of the others gathered around her as she pressed play. Instantly, a yell, clearly from Shadow, echoed out of the speaker.

"Well, well, looks like we meet again, Sonic."
Sonic let out a low snarl, "Scourge."
"I guess you got the message the we've captured Shadow," a female, orange hedgehog filled the screen.
"Who the heck is that?" Amy muttered. Nobody answered because nobody knew.
"That was my sister Scorch. And, as you can see, Sonic.exe is with us too," the camera angle changed, showing a version of Sonic with bloodstained cheeks and narrow red eyes standing behind Shadow, digging the point of a knife into his back.
"Guys, help me!" Shadow screamed, clearly desperate to get away.
"Shut up!" Scourge stomped over to him and struck him hard on the head, making him yell in pain, knocking his out.
"If you ever want to see Shadow again, female black and red hedgehog whose name we do not know, come to the outskirts of the forest at the park tonight at midnight. Come alone and bring all the Chaos Emeralds," Scorch cackled, "If you don't, well... you'll never see him again."
The video cut off there, leaving Y/N in tears, "What would they want with Shadow? Surely he can easily fight his way out?"
"Scourge and Sonic.exe are powerful enough on their own. It took almost all the strength Shadow had to defeat Sonic.exe. None of us knew Scourge had a sister until now. Who knows how strong she is," Sonic explained.
"So, he can't get out? At all?"
"Not a chance."
"I have to go."
"No! You can't!"
"Why not? I'd give anything to have Shadow back."
"That's the problem. If Sonic.exe gets his hands on the Chaos Emeralds, he could easily take over the whole galaxy. It's too dangerous!"
"Sonic's right, hun. It's too dangerous for anyone to go.
"I can't just leaving him to them!"
"There's nothing any of us can do. We feel as weak as you do," Silver tried to comfort her.
Tears flowing freely down her cheeks, Y/N sprang up and ran out of the room. She shut herself in her room, threw herself onto her bed and sobbed into her pillow.
"Why? Why me? Why Shadow? Why everything?!"