Recovery

Y/N woke in a hospital bed three days later. Shadow had fallen asleep with his head on the covers beside her. He must have carried her here. She touched her face gently. An oxygen mask covered her mouth and nose, allowing her to breathe easily. Several bandages were wrapped around her stomach and legs. Two more protected Shadow's arms. He had obviously been wounded in the battle too, but not as badly as her. Y/N placed one hand on his head, shaking him softly.
"Shadow, wake up."
Shadow was awake in a flash, "Y/N, you're OK!"
"I know. I'm just glad I'm awake."
"Me too."
"Any idea when I'll be out of here?"
"About two weeks and you'll be out."
"Great!"

Two long weeks later, all the bandages were off, as was the oxygen mask. Y/N was waiting for Shadow to come and pick her up when a purple chameleon came up to her.
"You're Y/N, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"I just wanted to thank you for saving our butts back there two weeks ago. I'm Espio, by the way."
"I guessed," Y/N smiled, thinking B/F/N would really like this guy.
"I was injured too, but thanks to my ninja skills it wasn't too bad."
"Yeah..." she trailed off, then noticed Shadow and Silver coming through the doors, looking agitated, especially Silver, "Oh, before I go, keep an eye out for my sister B/F/N. She's human, she's got brown hair and blue eyes and she is way taller than me. I have a feeling she may like to meet you."
"OK. I will do," Espio glanced out of the doors at a bee and a crocodile waiting behind Shadow and Silver.
"They picking you up?"
"Yeah, that's the rest of the Chaotix team, Vector and Charmy. Charmy is really annoying, but don't tell him I said that."
"So I can see," Y/N chuckled, taking in the look Vector had on his face. Shadow and Silver were the next ones in and instantly came over.
"Hey Y/N, you ready to go?" Shadow helped her stand up, looking very absentminded.
"Yeah, course I am, but what's up with you?"
"We'll tell you when we get back. No point in saying it here," Silver looked like her was desperate to tell her, but was holding it back.
She sighed, "Fine. Let's get going."

Shadow teleported the group back home, where instantly Y/N sat both boys down and said, "Alright, spill."
"It's Blaze, she's disappeared," Silver burst out.
"Disappeared? How?"
"None of us know. She just went out yesterday and didn't come back," Shadow explained.
"That could mean a million and one things. She could be staying over somewhere, or -"
"Or she could've been kidnapped," Silver interrupted.
Sonic suddenly barged in, "Amy's gone!"
Knuckles came crashing through the front door, "So have Rouge and Tails. Us five are the only ones left."
Y/N felt like she'd been hit with Amy's hammer, "OK. From now on, we all need to stick together. Nobody goes out of this house alone."
"Got it."