Boxed In

A/N
Like I said two chapters ago, please don't hate me for all these lyrics. Don't start the video yet.

Shadow's POV

Shadow groaned as he woke up slowly. His head ached from the drug he'd been hit with. He sat up steadily to avoid making himself dizzy.
"Ugh... What happened?" he lifted his head, hitting it on the ceiling.
"I don't know."
"Huh? Who's there?"
"It's me. Y/N."
"Sorry."
"It's OK. Where are you?"
"I don't know. I can't see anything."
"Hang on," a tiny speck of light on the other side of the "room", which he thought was huge, flared up, "I still can't see you."
"I'm on the other side of the room, straight ahead of you. I can see your flame but nothing else."
"I can't see a thing, just my hand in front of my face and this stuff. Wait, is this wood or something?"
"Guys, I don't think we're in a room."
"Silver?!"
"That's my name, don't wear it out."
Shadow crouched, pressing his ear to the floor, his quills scraping against whatever the ceiling was, "How come you're below me?"
"We're in boxes stacked underneath a sheet."
"How can you tell?"
"For a start off, I can barely move, this space is so small. It took me a few seconds to figure it out, but when I heard you two talking it clicked."
A low groan came from Shadow's right. Y/N was to his left.
"Where am I?"
"Sonic? That you?"
"Uh huh. Last time I checked anyway."
"So that means B/F/N and F/N are either side of Silver."
"I guess."
"Anyone else have a really bad headache?" Y/N whispered.
"I do." 
"Same here."
"Yep."
"Shh! I heard something!"
Everyone fell silent as they all strained to listen. Approaching footsteps came closer and closer before light flooded through the gaps in the wooden crates. Shadow felt the one he was in scrape against the others as he was picked up.
"Hey! Put me down!"
"What's going on? Let him go!"
"Shut up, all of you!"
Shadow was carried out into a large compound; he could only catch glimpses of it through the cracks in the wood. He was dumped onto a large stone as the top was prized open with a crowbar. Light streamed in, blinding him for a few seconds before he was tipped out onto the grass. Shaking, he pushed himself up to his feet. Several mobians crowded around him, taping wires to his arms, his legs, his chest, even his forehead. Zeleon towered over him, trapping him in a glass tube, not unlike the capsule he'd been in when Maria sent him to Earth.
"You didn't really think you'd be able to escape me a second time?"
Shadow didn't speak, earning a volt of electricity coursing through him from the wires taped to his body.
"Well? Did you?"
"I didn't think anything."
"Hmpf. Not a bad answer," a second bolt of electricity shot through him, driving him down, "Unfortunately for you, not good enough!"
"What do you want from me?"
"What do you think?"
"Revenge, most likely. I know of your origins."
"And of your own as well, if you know that."
"Yes. And I know you were driven mad by jealousy of your brothers, Helioa and Cercerus - Argh!" he cried out as another volt passed through him.
"Do not mention their names!"
Ignoring this remark, Shadow continued, "Once, I was bent on destruction and control as well. It was the death of my one friend that caused it, but I realised what I was doing wrong. Even with all this power I had, I was still alone. So I gave up the control struggle and chose a different path - ARGH!"
"Enough! I know of your past, Shadow the Hedgehog! Do not lecture me on it!"
(Start the video now)
The pain that was nearly tearing Shadow apart kept him from talking. He yelled, agony flaring across his back. Through the painful storm, though, he faintly heard Y/N's voice lifted above everything else.

Y/N: You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

Shadow managed to call back, throwing all his emotions into the words.

Shadow: 'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave tear drops everywhere
You'd think me rude
But I would just stand and stare

Y/N, Shadow, Silver, Sonic: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Sonic and Silver: 'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance
Y/N and Shadow: A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread

All four: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Y/N and Shadow: Leave my door open just a crack
Sonic and Silver: Please take me away from here
Y/N and Shadow: 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Sonic and Silver: Please take me away from here
Y/N and Shadow: Why do I tire of counting sheep?
Sonic and Silver: Please take me away from here
Y/N and Shadow: When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

Sonic and Silver: To ten million fireflies
Y/N and Shadow:I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
Sonic and Silver: I got misty eyes as they said farewell
Y/N and Shadow:But I'll know where several are
Sonic and Silver: If my dreams get real bizarre
Y/N and Shadow:'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar

All four: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems  

Y/N and Shadow: I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
Because my dreams are bursting at the seams

"Bursting at the seams, huh? Kind of like these crates!" Y/N yelled, exploding from the wood she had set alight.
"How...? Impossible!"
Both Sonic and Silver burst out of their boxes too. Silver used his telekinesis to pick up the two crates containing B/F/N and F/N, who still hadn't woken up, while Sonic spin dashed through the glass tube holding Shadow prisoner. Y/N plunged through the falling shards and grabbed him by the waist. The wires snapped as she burned her way through the crowd, trying to avoid hurting anyone, only using warning flares to create a clear path for her and the boys to pass through. The four of them, Shadow in Y/N's arms, everyone else running as fast as they could, Silver carrying the boxes, sprinted through Zeleon's ranks to safety.