Behind Bars Again

Y/N dragged Scorch into the police station, Shadow with Scourge just behind her. The two captives struggled hard, but they couldn't escape.
"Don't even think about it. It's not going to happen," Y/N had to remind Scorch several times.
"Yes?" The officer at the reception desk looked up.
"We caught these two in the forest last night. Knew they were fugitives so we brought them in."
"Oh. Well, in that case, I'll go get the senior officer."
As she hurried off, the two black and red hedgehogs smiled. They had saved each other and the rest of Mobius and the rest of the world.

"Thank you for recapturing them. If they had been let loose in Mobius, who knows how much damage they could've caused."
"It was nothing, really. Just make sure they don't escape again. They've caused too much wreckage already," Y/N advised the senior officer.
"Of course, of course. We'll take very good care of them."
"Then it should all be secure for this world to settle down, knowing there aren't any more villains to threaten them."
"Excellent. On behalf of Mobius, thank you, both of you."
The group gave nods of acknowledgement and parted. Y/N and Shadow headed for home. It was Monday, so Maria was at school with Lancelot, Will and Hannah.
"It's thanks to you I'm alive, Y/N."
"It's Maria you should be thanking, not me. If she hadn't Chaos Controlled both of you out, neither of you may have survived."
"I know, I know. But she isn't here."
"Which is why we're going home."
"Yeah."
"So what do you want to do for lunch?"
"Chillidogs?"
"How did I not see that coming?"
"Hey, I'm not Sonic."
"I know, I was kidding. Sounds good to me."