The Call

Neither of the two were disturbed by any nightmares for the rest of the night; now they were together they knew nothing could hurt them. During the late hours of the morning, Y/N opened one eye to see Sonic poking his head around the door, staring at them. She looked back at him and mouthed "Don't even think about telling the other," before resting her head on Shadow's shoulder and dozing off again. It was a long and relaxed time for both of them. Shadow shifted next to her into a more comfortable position. Y/N's quills brushed over his head more than once. She just curled up a bit more with one arm across his chest.

Two hours later, both Y/N and Shadow slowly stirred, waking up. Arching her back, Y/N stretched her arms, yawning.

"Morning."
"Morning, Shadow."
"Good sleep?"
"It was after I came in here."

"Same."
Shadow sat up, stretching his shoulders, "You know what time it is?"

Her stomach grumbled, "Time to get some breakfast I think."
He laughed and kissed her, full on the lips. Instincts took over as her hands trailed across his chest, her fingers buried in the fur there. His hands wrapped around her back, hauling her closer. As she slowly pulled away, she started laughing too, blushing bright red.

"That help your stomach?"
"A bit, but I'm still a bit hungry."

Y/N rested her head on his chest, the tingling feeling she had felt when they had first met filling her whole body.

"You OK?"
"I'm fine. Why?"
"You're shaking."

The tingling feeling had intensified again so she was visibly shaking. Forcing herself to stop, her fingers traced across his cheek. Tiny scars just above his left eye from where one of Mephiles' clones had scratched him just made him more amazing. She kissed him again, letting push her back against the wall. His tongue slipped over her bottom lip, making her giggle. Her hands ruffled through his quills. They slowly parted, looking into each other's eyes for a several minutes until there was a knock on the door. Once again, Sonic poked his head in.

"Oh, sorry. Hope I'm not interrupting."
"No, it's OK. What's up?"Shadow turned around, letting Y/N move away from the wall.

"There's a call for Y/N."
The pair looked at each other, confused. Steadily, Y/N slipped off the bed and pushed open the door. She turned and smiled softly at Shadow, who smiled back. He too climbed off the bed and followed her, one arm snaking its way around her. When they got downstairs, Y/N noticed Rouge giving her a weird look. Huh, she thought, what's up with her? She's never looked at me that way before. Sonic pressed the phone into her hands. She answered it quickly.

"Hello?"
"Hey Y/n it's us!"
"B/F/N? F/N? How did you...?"

"Looked Sonic's number up. It was pretty easy," B/F/N answered her question before she finished it.

"Hey, you wanna hang out at the park tomorrow? We're not doing anything," F/N burst out.

"Well I don't think I'm doing anything tomorrow," Y/N looked at Shadow and mouthed "Are we doing anything tomorrow?" He shook his head and she returned to the phone, "Nope not doing anything."
"Awesome!"
"One question: where exactly are you thinking of meeting? I know the park but..."
"Downtown Station Square park, of course! We saw you hanging out there yesterday with Shadow -" both girls burst into fits of giggles, "-And we figured - hehe - we were living in the area."
"Yeah I am. What time do you wanna meet?"
"Two o'clock ish?"

"Sounds good to me."
"Alright! See you!"
"See you."
With that, Y/N hung up.