love???.... i can't....

(Maria's POV)
3 words, 8 letters....that can cause more damage than any bullet.
When they said that they loved me....... I was shocked....... Then happy but then what my father said came to my mind and I started laughing....
Who could love someone like me????....
Still chuckling I said...
"Guys I want do appreciate that y'all want to see me smile again..... But saying that isn't going to make me happy ......
Can't y'all just go back and let me be alone????..... Like I said before..... I have some work to finish......" Trying my best to persuade them to leave....
But I guess they didn't understand....... Sighing i tried pushing them... Towards the door....
I was desperate.... Why couldn't they just leave???..... I left their house hoping to forget them.... Why are they making or difficult for me???......!!!!!. I thought to myself....
Jake caught both of my wrists in his..... If it were someone else.... I would have already broken some of his bones....
Sighing I cursing myself for not leaving earlier....
"Will you please listen Maria.....??...." Jace pleaded.
Nodding... I relaxed my stance....making Jake slowly remove his tight grip from my hand.
"Just listen to us ok????..... Whatever we say is from our hearts ok?.". Jake said sternly,
Wanting to get this over with as fast as possible I said yes and all of us made ourselves comfortable.... Me on the bean bag and both of them on the couch...
Then Jake started. " we came back home today early to see you and ask you out on a date.... But you had already run..... I do understand why you run..... But why do you think we will come behind you if we didn't love you Maria???.... "
Then Jace continued.. " i love you Maria, both of us do we have never wanted anyone else like you ever in Our life..... Your father was an asshole for saying that to you... Nothing your father said was true, he was a coward to blame his child for his mistakes. .. You are capable of love and you sitting surely are able to get people to love you.... How do you think we fell for you if you supposedly can't get anyone to love you???????..... Why do you think Alex, Peter, Bobby and the rest of your troop came back for you disobeying a direct order from their commanding officer form you?????? If it was anyone else they would be suspended for doing that.... They love you as family.... That's the only reason they didn't give a damn about their job but and came to get you out.
Why do you think the children you teach music too love you????.
How does soo many people love you if you are not capable of love???? And if you can't get people to love you???...
Your father controlled you all through your life...... Why are you letting him control it even now????.... I was completely sobbing by now..... Jake had picked me up and put me on his lap..... And Jace was holding my hand....
Jake continued... " if I ever saw your bastard of a father.... I would probably kill him..... ".
That's when I gave them a watery smile and said " you won't be able to do that unless you plan on digging his grave, and breaking his bones...that are there....."
Jake and Jace both growled and Jace said... "Shit man....... I wanted to put him there for what he did to you....... "
I chuckled softly.....at their obvious anger.....
Looking at me.... Jake continued " Maria we love you.........you, not anyone else!... I dont care Wht he told you but only know that he was an ass for telling you lies...., please don't let him control you even when he's in his grave... Please...". I broke to see The normally manly and strong Jake plead to me......
Even though my heart had already said yes..... My mind was looking for ways to get them to leave me and before I could stop myself I blurted. " what if some time later you figure out that you need someone better than me....?..... I dont want to hurt you by forcing you to be in a relationship that you might not want to be in..... I won't do that to you........."
"Maria we are asking you to be with us..... Not the other way around...... We love you which is way we are begging you to be with us...... And we don't want anyone other than you...... Chuckling to himself and looking at his brother
You are the only person who knows how to keep us in line and push our buttons.... We don't want or need anyone else." Jake said holding me more tightly to him.....
"What if I get deployed again?????.... ". I asked..... Saying anything to make them understand that what we were doing was a mistake.
"We will cross that bridge when we get there... Love......... We will wait as long as it takes to get you....."
Jace said firmly, looking into his eyes I couldn't see anything but absolute truth, sincerity and love shining.
For the first time in a long while I let myself hope that maybe... Just maybe.... There might be something in life for me.
Then I said.... "Yes I will go out with you"
I had barely finished what I was saying when Jace hooted and jumped up making me laugh along with him..... And Jake kissed me lightly on my cheek....... Saying" thank you Angel, you don't know how much it means to us.... "

I was putting my hope in their hands... I truly hope they don't break it .........