Alex

( Jace POV)
I couldn't get Jake to come out of the office and get into the car fast enough!! What was his freaking problem?? Couldn't he understand that Alex! Our Alex was back from the military???? God!! I wouldn't believe it till I saw it for myself.
"Finally!!!! Jake you made it to the car, if you had gone any slower then a turtle would have overtaken you!"
"Ass" he replied "stop being soo impatient".
" Ur the ass, please can go faster I want to see him!!!!!!"I couldn't wait to see Alex.
After 10 minutes Jake stopped in front of the bar- Midnight,
I jumped out without waiting for Jake and looked in the waiting lines looking for a familiar face and I was slightly sad that I couldn't see Alex anywhere......
Then someone covered my eyes with their hand and I could immediately tell that it was
Alex's hand with its roughness, I smirked and pushed him and turned to look at his face and I couldn't help but gasp, his forehead was wrapped in a gauze and u could faintly see the red tinge of blood on it, his arm was in the same state.
"Aren't u going to hug me teddy?" He asked...
And that's exactly what I did, I hugged him! Right on the pavement!  And I sobbed out of relief, happy that he was alive and safe and here with us I couldn't ask for anything else! From the person above.
"Are you crying teddy?... I didnt know bears cry." he said, using the nick name he had for me when we were in college.
I punched him on his good arm and still hugging him replied "well, this bear is crying cause his bunny has come back safely" I said
"U know I don't like anyone calling me that, teddy" he huffed.
"And u know that I don't like anyone calling me teddy!" I replied.
"Guys break it up enough bickering" I heard Jake shout to be heard over the ruckus that was outside the bar.
He pulled me aside and hugged Alex and whispered something to him that made him chuckle.
"Are we going inside the bar or going somewhere else??"
"Anywhere except here Jace...the noise is getting to me and making my head throb!.." Alex whined.
So quickly we got into the car, me driving, Alex sitting shot gun and Jake in the back. looking at both of them bickering about something, I smiled inwardly this is how life should be, best friends together and all problems forgotten, I thought to myself.
20 minutes later after we had got our food from subway and were lying on the grass in the park we started catching up on what we missed I'm each others life,
"How was base this time??.. Met anyone new??"
"Man base camp was utterly depressing this time, mostly because our usual commander was not there, she's on medical leave for 8 months....so all of us missed her a lot,.she also...."
"Wait!!!! She???? As in a girl???. Hows a girl ur commander???"I interrupted him shocked!.
"Yep teddy she as in girl!. A girl leads our troop and she's the best anyone can ask for!." He said smiling.
"U seem quite taken to her Alex??... What's the story" Jake asked....smirking.
"Whoa!!! Absolutely no man!! Nothing like that.... She's more like a sister or a protector for us!.... None of us have feelings like that for her..." He exclaimed.
"Calm down Alex.... Tell us more about her....she seems like a charming personality?..." I said

Once Alex had settled back down he started....
"Maria, that's our commander's name," I looked at Jake in shock..both of us thinking the same.. She couldn't be the same person.... Could she??. With a slight shake of my head I dismissed that thought immediately.... I wouldn't be possible.
"She's a year or two younger than us I guess but she's been there 2 years more than I have. She's great at what she does and its said that she got a double promotion (I don't know if that's possible in the military but in this story it is possible.. K?) To get to where she is now, she makes any work that's given fun to do and worth doing, she's smart, quick, sweet, strong ,kind, understanding... she's everything we wish a commander should be. But one thing all of us have learnt early us that never to get on her bad side...... "
"Y??? Does she have a bad temper??" Jake asked...
"No man" Alex got up sitting Indian style and faced us. "She doesn't raise her voice at all, she just doesn't talk to us and coldly gives us our orders and makes us train double. We would rather have her shout or scream at us rather than her being cold and distant, which is why the entire team does its best not to get her angry. That is the only downside of her, and u should see the way she trains........ She does much better than us!!!...
But there's some thing she hides......... Some one I guess hurt her a lot in her past,..... She doesn't like talking about it and the one time we asked her about it she just avoided the question........ So v never asked her again about it"
"Other than that we have got two new recruits a boy and a girl That's all."
"Now y'all tell me about your life any one y'all like??? Or have taken??? " he asked....
Looking at Jake and at his slight nod, I told Alex about our secretary and how we had fallen for her but she never gave us a second look.....and how much it hurt the both of us. I was a little miffed by the time I finished telling him our problem because he was outright laughing!!!!!.
Looking at our angry faces he calmed down a little and said "man I guess she is the only one not turned on by your charms, give her some more time, maybe she has trust issues."

Then seeing that it was already past 12 at night we quickly cleaned up and brought Alex to our condo knowing that he would sleep better there rather than in some lodge.

Enjoy.....