Girlfriend???

(Jake Pov)
Its been three months since that fateful day

***flashback***
We were both in my office going through a manuscript that had to be looked into for the last time before it went for publishing. When the phone rang...
"Jake Brown..."
This is commander Philip speaking..... You are the contact on Alex's file sir.
"Yea he's my brother, what happened?"
I had put the phone on speaker so that even Jace could hear.
I am sorry to inform you that he's suffered extensive injuries and has been unconscious for the past one week he woke up today and asked for y'all, so we are sending him to your place.....will you be able to pick him up at the airport??.
"Yes we can.... What time should we be there?."
In about 8 hours time?
"Sure sir we will be there to receive him"
Here Jace spoke up and asked.
"Sir this is his other brother Jace speaking...... Can we know how Maria is?"
Maria???
"Yea, she was Alex's commander?".
"How do y'all know her Sirs?."
"Umm....she's our girlfriend "
"Girlfriend???? She has never mentioned you....."
"That's because she doesn't know that she's our girlfriend"
Chuckling he said " maybe you are the reason she's had sleepless nights......all the time she's been her..... Which is the first time its happened to her....."
"How's she Sir? "
"She I'm afraid has sustained very bad injuries. She's still unconscious and the doctors here think that that's the way she's going to be.... I am sorry"
No no no....God please no..... Jace was close to tears and so was I.....
Choking on sobs Jace asked
"Sir is there any way that we can get Maria here??.... Please."
I am sorry Jace, but since Maria has had no family she's always been here in the military hospital when she's hurt. I don't know if we can shift her to Michigan......
"Sir please there are better medical facilities here and she's our family just like Alex is...... Please.....can you find a way to send her here Please." I was not ashamed to beg for her to be here. We would do anything if we could just get her here.
"There are some formalities to fill up........if you can give me assurance that you will take care of her then I can send her with Alex when he comes.".
" we will fill up all formalities Sir, rest assured that she will be safe here with us, we give our word of honour."
Good then both Alex and Maria will come via a medical plane to the airport you can fill up the formalities when you reach there. The only thing I ask of you is that you keep me informed of her progress..... And if you hurt her in any way, her entire troop will make sure that your bodies are never found.... Is that clear? "
"Yes Sir, we would kill ourselves if we did anything to hurt her".

And that's how 8 hours later we were at the airport seeing a quiet and broken Alex staring at Maria who was pale and almost lifeless on the stretcher that they had brought her in.

Setting her in the hospital just 10 minutes away from home we tried to take Alex away from the room but that's when he started screaming and broke down. Saying " NO!!!! I AM NOT LEAVING!!!! LET GO OFF ME JAKE! I am not leaving her alone again..... I l-l-left her once -a-a-and this is what h-h-happened to her.. I-i- I won't l-l-leave her again.... P-p-please don't make me leave Jake please.... He was completely weeping on the floor now, knowing that he wouldn't leave we arranged for a bed to be kept there hoping that he would get some sleep.

Three months later and everything is still the same, Maria hasn't woken up, the once jovial and fun Alex talks only when necessary and the only time he leaves the room is when he's sedated to sleep. or when goes to have a bath....

About a week later.
"How in hell do you play this game Maria? I am stuck on the 23rd level...... Hmmmm you'd probably ask me to think outside the box..... You know I got addicted to thus game because of you...... So you better wake up to help me with this OK??. ."
Keeping the phone inside I settled back in the chair trying to get myself comfortable I closed my eyes sleeping in the room today....as we forced Alex to sleep in the house today. ......

"ALEX!!! NO JAMES!!! NO PLEASE!!! ALEX HELP HIM!!!! ALEX!! BOBBY!!!NO JAMES NO PLEASE DONT DIE ON ME PLEASE!!".
I woke up to Maria thrashing around and screaming.....
The nurse rushed in.....and said" sir either you have to help me restrain her or you will have to go out....
Without thinking I got hold of Maria.....
Trying to calm her down...... Her pupils were fully dilated so we knew she couldn't see anything...... After about 15minutes she slowly started calming down.... When she looked at me, she started sobbing holding on tightly to me..... And mumbling about a broken promise clutching my shirt.
This is the first time she has ever touched any one of us like this........it was oddly comforting that she took comfort in being with me.

And that is how Alex found us the next day, Maria half lying on me and half on the bed,holding onto me, and me half sitting and half lying on the small hospital bed.