Her Past......!

(Jake's POV)
I was shocked.... Her father??????? I looked at Jace to confirm that what I had heard was right.... He was also looking at me with the same expression.
"Can you explain..... That Maria???" Jace said softly..... Not wanting to hurt her but at the same time curious.
She said slowly..... Looking at us....
"If it means that it will make you understand that what you have for me is only infatuation and y'all will go back to find some one else to love truly....then yes....."
I wanted to scream at her and tell her that what we had for her was not infatuation..... But I bit my tongue from saying anything cause
Angry was not a word for what I was feeling....... I was livid...... At what her father could have done to her to make her think so bad and low of herself.......
We both were sitting on the couch in her living room waiting for her to continue....... She had kept a bottle of water on the table near us saying that we were going to need it...... She wasn't sitting but standing near the balcony door looking out, the pale moonlight that fell on her was only enhancing her features she was quite oblivious about..... She started.

I was born on 14 December 29 years ago.... My parents told everyone that I was the early Christmas present... But in reality I was an experiment, for them to get more clients to come to their company..... They both were business people...they fell in love and got married and to increase their business into the children and mother's sector they had me as an experiment..... So that they could go to mother's luncheons or dad's day out to get more people to invest in their company.... I was a show piece..... I was brought out of my room only when there were guests and they needed to show me off to be in their good books...and to get money to run their business. They never paid any attention to me...... I sometimes even wondered if they even knew the day I was born........ But in all my loneliness..... I was at peace..they had hired a maid for me because they said they couldn't handle me alone, she used to work only from 7am- 7pm... She taught me how to make a sandwiches and taught me how to use the microwave when I was 8..... So that I could heat the food that she kept in the fridge when I wanted........though i was always left alone. I had peace....
But all that changed when I turned 11..... My mom died in a car crash off on highway 65.
Life was never the same again...... My father used to come home drunk and for the first year after her death just stare at me to the point where it became too uncomfortable to stay in the same room as him for more than 5 minutes. Then a year later..... It all started.....it used to be an occasional slap here and there like if I ever make noise, or didn't shut the door fast enough...... I thought it was all common......then it started to get worse..... He would not come home for 2-3 days at a stretch.... Then come and take out all his anger out on me.... He'd beat, kick, punch, slap me till he was tired.... At first it was a shock....but then I got used to it..... I'd have broken bones.....but my school and college nurse used to patch me back up, I never had any friends in school or college... Cause they thought that I was bad news and since I never used to talk and hit a boy who was trying to get into my pants they kept away from me........ It was difficult.... That's when I started to use the gym near down my street... To build up my strength and I guess one of the boys saw me and then all of them left me alone..
The next year.. The beatings became soo bad, that I became unconscious after his round with me.... I lost about 3 years of memories that day..... My maid found me bleeding on the kitchen and she took me to a friend of hers who was a doctor..... He took care of me for about a month....and then I had to go back.... My father hit me a lot that day..... But he left for some business trip for the next 2 months.... Those were the happiest days..... I used to go to school and then spend my entire time in the orphanage 5 streets away..... We'd have soo much fun...... I used to live for when he'd leave again....that made the pain a little more bearable.
I graduated high school getting the top marks and there was no one in the crowd to cheer for me, .. Then I left.... I had already Gotten a night job to help myself....since I was 15. So I put myself through college studying economics, law and business.
But my beatings never stopped and I kept training in the gym waiting for a day that I could fight back. Then when I was 18 my dad came back home drunk he dragged me to the library and sat me down and said a lot of things but some things got to me like
"_ you are the biggest mistake that we had ever made, Clara would have never had died if it hadn't been for you.....
No one can ever love you cause you're a murderer and if people want you then they only want you for your body....cause you have no heart to love...
He asked me why I couldn't just die and save the world a lot of trouble
And that is why I joined the army.