More Pain and One Promise

(Jace POV)

I could feel rather than hear the pride in her voice when she said that. ...
I just couldn't believe that Maria would be in the military, I was sexy in a way but painful in another,. She would be leaving now,...and we didn't even know if she would come back......

"Excuse me for a moment Sirs "....
and she had gone back to being cold and lifeless,....
"Guys I am serious,, u need to forget that she ever meant something to you"
for the first time in forever I was furious with Alex
how could he say something like that,...doesn't he know how much it hurts?????
"And why's that Alex ?" I asked....pissed off .
"Woah man, cool off,  there is no need to get angry right now,..... If you had paid attention to what I was saying last time you would have understood,.... Maria is a fighter,..... She has almost died to protect us.... Too many times for me to count, and she has never left the field without some sort of injury.... Last time she was in coma for a month because she jumped in front of another person to get shot by 4 bullets. Only because she promised his son that he would get him back home safe. She's willing to die Jace. And there's nothing you or Jake can do about it."

I looked at Jake and then looked at the one person who had captured our hearts. She was talking to a family of another soldier, that's when the boy tugged at her pant and  asked "ma'am! My name is Jacob and I am sergeant James son!. I love my dad very much!. Will you promise that he will return home safely?.
By this time all the families there were looking at her waiting for her reply.... She looked down at the boy and then looked at the people around her and said
" I will do everything in my power to get all of the people that you love to come back to you safely" addressing all the people there but looking only at the boy,.
"Do you pinky promise??, and it should never be broken, that's what my daddy says."
his sister asked,?
crouching down to her level and looking at all the people around her and then looking at the small girl she said "I pinky promise,".
Then the girl hugged her and said something to her which made her laugh...

Suddenly another sharp whistle pierced the air and Maria straightened up and said
" Boys!! We leave in 5 minutes!"
Then looking at us she walked over to us and said
" Guy's it will be best if we part now and we don't have any thing to do with each other,so good....
..she never got to complete her sentence because at that time, Jake had closed her mouth with his hand.
"Shut up! Both of us have had enough of your good bye's, go just go...... U said forget.... Now that's what we are going to do....forget..... . "
I was shocked!. Jake had never acted on his anger...... I could feel his anger and frustration seep through our bond and I knew if she didn't leave.......something bad would happen....
She stared at him shocked that he said something like that......
Then taking a step back she looked at both of us nodded and said
" good bye gentlemen,
and then turned went up to the door and shouted
"GUYS! WE LEAVE!!"
Then all soldiers in her troop went up to her turned to the families standing there, and shouted a loud HOORAH!!
Picking their bags they filed through the doors taking with them praying and loving hearts of all the people in the country.

I just wished that she would turn once..... But she left along with her troop....
I was more than angry with Jake!!! All the way till the house we didn't speak a single word, both of us lost in our own thoughts of her.
I understood why he did What he did. But he could have been a bit more understanding.

Its been three days since both of us have spoken to each other and I was taking a toll on both of us. I was in my office blankly looking at the manuscripts in front of me when Suzanna rushed in and said
"Sir there's something wrong with Jake, he's not opening the door. And he's not left the building"
O shit please god don't take him please let nothing happen to him rushing to his office I threw my weight to the door and fell right through.... What the hell??? She told me it wouldn't open????
"Jace!!! What the F***??? Couldn't you just knock????"
He shouted rushing to me and pulling me up,. We both turned to look at Suzanna, when she said
" look you guys, y'all may be my bosses but y'all are my friends too and I won't see two brothers fight and not talk to each other its taking a toll on both of y'all and your work, so I am going to lock y'all up here, till y'all sort whatever problem y'all are having"
and rushed out slamming the door behind her and we could hear the faint click of the lock.
Soo we are stuck in here, for God knows how long now what will happen???
I made myself comfortable on the couch getting ready for the long night ahead.

Hws it????.
Vote, comment:);)