Running??.... Enough!

(Jace's POV)

We had finished work early today.....and both of us were tired of waiting for her.... So we planned to ask her out today.... Picking up my coat I headed to Jake's office and then the both of us went to my car..... 20 minutes later we strolled into our home hoping to see her in the TV room where she normally would be...... Not seeing her there we both split up looking for her, where the heck was she????????.
She was not even responding to our shouts for her.... In 10 minutes we both we back where we started in the TV room filled with panic and dread..... She'd gone again........ !!!! Her room was entirely cleaned out and sure had kept her copy of the house key on the kitchen table..... God where had sheer gone this time?????..... We can't loose her.... Not again..... Sighing in defeat I slumped down on the couch holding my head on my hands....
Jake was livid...... After 20 minutes our entire TV room looked like a tornado hit it..... The tornado being Jake.....
That's when my phone started ringing..... Without looking at the id I picked it up.
"Hello??"
"Hello, can I talk to Mr Brown??? This is Brian speaking...... "
I am such a fucking idiot... I should have called him first!!!!.... He was the security that we had bribed on Maria's apartment... In case something like this ever happened... God I was stupid....
"Umm hello?? Sir????"
"Yes Brian hello....this is Jace here.... What happened?."
"Sir you had asked me to let you know if and when Commander Maria came back..... I came on duty only now..... And I believe that she's here for the past 3 hours...... And she seems to be going again somewhere....... Cause she wanted a cardboard box to put the things she didn't need.....that's what she told me...."
By the time he had finished speaking we had taken our jackets and were already in the car.....
"Thank you soo much Brian your a lifesaver....... By the way can you tell me her house number...."
"Its on the third floor sir.... Number 305. "
" OK we will be there in a few, thank you "
Snapping my phone shut.... I leaned back in my seat and looked at Jake, his knuckles were almost white with the tight grip he had on the steering wheel.
"Why is she running like this Jake???... Did we do something wrong???" I asked disappointed......
"No Jace... Its not us....its something else.... She's hiding something..... And we are going to find out what it is today..... This game ends here..". He said determination lacing his voice

After 20 minutes we had reached her house and I knocked the door............ Just as I was going to knock again the door opened....... She was wearing a blue shirt and sweat pants..... I wonder why she never wears any thing short???? But I left that thought slide...... When she saw that it was us, she made a move to shut the door, but Jake was quicker than her and pushed at the door making her stumble...... When we entered inside I saw that her house was smaller than ours but a lot more homey and cozy...... We both turned when she spoke............. But again she had gone back to being Cold and distant.
"If y'all have finished looking around can talk please leave???.... I was in the middle of something...."
"Why did you leave Maria???" I asked her...
"Why should I have stayed Jace??? I am extremely thankful that y'all put me up in your house... Y'all were courteous...... But I cannot stay there forever jace, by the way I am much better now..... I thank y'all for giving me a place to stay.........."
.. That made Jake break...... He stalked towards Maria.... Making her walk backwards and said coldly
"Courteous??????? You think we left you stay in our house because we were courteous????? Did it ever occur to you that we might have had feelings for you???? And that was why we wanted you close to us???...." She was backed up to the fridge by now... Looking at each of us....her cold demeanour wavered but she quickly put it back on and
Chuckling emotionlessly she said ..... "Feelings Jake???.... No one can have them for me....". Now both of us looked at each of us confused....who could be cold enough to say that to her
"Why???" I asked backing away a little from her to give her her space....
Looking straight at us she said with a far away look in her eyes she said "Cause that was what he said..... I could never get anyone to have feelings for me......"
Cautiously Jake asked caressing her arm...
"Who said that Maria????"
There was utter silence in the room..... Other than our breaths and my pounding heart....we couldn't hear anything.... We waited breathlessly for her answer...
Removing herself from Jake's grasp she opened the balcony door letting the cool air in.... And turned away from us and said softly.... But tonelessly..
"My father....!."