What to do?

(Maria POV).
I was staring at my cup of coffee for the best past 10 minutes just thinking about how and why I was fired from the job 3 hours ago.
Before I left I made sure to write them a note on all the upcoming appointments and thank God that I was training another person on the side to take up my job just in case....something like this happened, .
Looking back on all the four and a half months that I was there, I actually under stood why they fired me, I might have been the only person to brush off their advances without blinking an eye....and God! That was hard!!!!!. How do you not looking at fine pieces of body like that and not wish to have a piece of them!. Being there and working with them turned me into a slut....... I thought to myself.. I have never had thoughts like this ever!! Even when I was in my other job!!... What's wrong with me????.
Though it was hard to avoid them I knew that it couldn't be helped as when I leave it would hurt all three of us and I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my job, and they wouldn't let me go,if they knew what my other job was..... I wouldn't be tied down by a man ever again... I thought..... To myself.
Sighing I threw the now cold coffee away and walked out of the café, thinking about what I would do now for the next one and a half months to pass my time.
Walking along that road I came upto a fork and decided to be a little adventurous and took the right side...... That road was really one of its kind...... It was like as if someone had taken this lane out of an old Victorian movie and placed it there, beautifully decorated sidewalks..... It was like a garden in the midst of a concrete jungle.
That's when I noticed a quaint little library..... Following my gut....I went in... And breathed in the scent of old books this brings back old memories......... Memories of hiding in the library back home to escape the problems at the house.. I shook my head to keep those memories locked....
"What would you want miss??... My grandpa is not here..... All the books here are his.. U can buy what ever u want with his permission. ".. I jumped when I heard that voice only to look into the storm grey eyes of a cute 8 year old girl ..
I hunched down to get to her height and asked " what's ur name love??... And why are you here alone?? Where's your grandpa??"
"My names Lucy, and I am not alone, my grandpa is in the washroom he's sick......"
"Oh OK then how about I look around and then can I talk to your grandpa OK?" I said....
I wonder if he will let me work here for a month.....I really hope he does...
After about 20 minutes of browsing I heard someone cough behind me and when I turned around I saw a man maybe 70 years give or take 5 years, quite fit but for a persistent cough.
"How can I help u young lady? Is there anything you want to buy?". He asked in a raspy voice.
"No sir nothing that I want to buy just wanted to look around and wondered if u needed help for a while in taking care of this place" I replied hoping that he would take the hint....
"I figured you would ask something like that" he said chuckling "u look quite at home among all these old books.....but unfortunately I don't have the money to pay you for the time that you will be here."
Quickly thinking, I replied, "that's quite OK Sir, I don't want the money, I just want to be here and go through some of the books, that's payment enough for me.
"You would want to work at a hidden place like this just to read books????" He asked shocked!.
"Yes Sir I do, the only problem being that I would be able to work only for about 6 weeks. After that I will be leaving to go else where."
"OK then, u can work here on your terms, I sort of trust you so after a week or so me and Lucy will be going to Texas for 3 weeks I hope I can trust you to keep everything going, during that time?"
I was speechless!. No one had ever trusted me like this ever!.
He continued saying " if a girl like you could get into the position that you are in, then I trust you with my life Maria...".
I was shocked, how does he know where I work???? Moreover how does he know my name???.
"Don't be soo shocked Maria, my son, was a member of your troop and he told me a lot of things about you. He even showed me a picture of you with the entire troop, he was discharged due to medical reasons, "
Dumbfounded I asked "Sir, what is your son's name?."
"Sergeant Peter Joseph". He proudly said.
I slightly smiled at that and recollected the memories of Peter, one of the best snipers that we had on our team, he was more like a brother to me.
Looking back at the elder person I actually could find a lot of similarities between him and Peter,
"your name sir?" I asked,
"Jacob James" he said. "So are you willing to work?"
"Yes " I replied happily.
"You can start tomorrow, timings are from 9- 4pm is that OK?".
"Yes sir. I will be here tomorrow. Thank you soo much" I said.
Leaving that place I wondered wow what a day.... First I got fired then I got a job again within the next 5 hours, Man! Someone really loves me a lot:):):).

Enjoy. Vote, comment,.:););