Chapter 20

*Sigh* Simple jealousy

I feel water going up and down my legs. I can smell the salty air. I breathe in and sigh. I roll over and feel the sand under my body. I open my eyes and see Zack's face. I sit up. I fell asleep by the ocean . . . ? I groan because my back is killing me. Well, shit, this sucks.

The sun is starting to rise. I grab the bottle that's beside Zack and I fill it up. Then pour it all over his shirt. He groans and sits up, rubbing his eyes and noticing he's outside, not in his bed. "Hello, sleepy head," I tell him yawning.

"Jamie?"

"No, I'm Sarah Jessica Parker."

"Holy shit. We fell asleep outside."

"It seems. Come on. We both need showers and a breakfast."

I stand up and wobble. I help him up. Zack grabs my hand and links our fingers. My heart starts going again. "I'm gonna fall over without help," he excuses.

I roll my eyes. He doesn't have to ask to do things anymore. We walk into the house and I let go of him. I can feel disappointment radiating off of him. "Woah, hey you guys. Fall asleep drunk or something?" Emily asks us.

"No, exhaustion." I correct. "Gonna shower and change. Save me some."

I take a cold shower and then change into a pair of sandy shorts and a white tank top. I put my hair in french braided pigtails and go eat my breakfast. Zack's already done and their all in the livingroom watching iCarly for some reason. I eat my breakfast in silence then go to join them.

"What did you guys do last night on the beach?"

"We played a game and he passed out so I poured sea water all over him. Then pretty much sat around until we fell asleep."

"Liar!"

"Okay, fine. I changed it a bit! But what did you guys do after we left?"

Mark grins. "We were gonna play spin the bottle with you guys but you left. So what game did you play?"

Zack grins and nods at Gale. Gale starts laughing. "Truth. You take a drink of the beer and the other person asks you a question. And Jamie was very truthful."

I snort. "Hah!"

"What? You lied to me?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"You make me sound like I never lie."

"Then when do you lie?"

"More than you think, Zack Eric Rider."

Some of them laugh at his full name and he glares at them. "Well then don't you think I lie to you?"

Huh?

"Yeah."

"When?"

"More than I think."

"Oooooo!" some of them say laughing. "She got you!"

He grins from where he's sitting. "Hot, Jamie. Hot."

"British, Zack. British."

"Isn't it sexy?" he asks using his British tone.

I grin and laugh at him. "Ha! Yeah it is but this is not the time nor the place to try to impress me."

"Sad face."

I roll my eyes. "Wanna go to the town, Emm?"

"Sure."

"Well, bye bye Mr. British."