54

Avi often got frustrated about the whole disagreement ordeal. He saw himself one way and Tim saw him as another.

This was the only thing that they ever disagreed on, and when it did come up, it always left Avi in a quiet mood.

"What's keeping you so quiet?" Tim asks.

Avi shrugs, looking out the window of the car. He saw his reflection from the window, making him wonder what Tim saw that was so great.

Avi pulled at his beard, and tugged at the sides of his mouth. He stretched his face, and then stopped, looking back at his reflection. He sighs quietly.

"Stop it," Avi mumbles to himself. "It's going to make him angry."

Tim cuts his eyes over at Avi, deciding to ignore the fact that he was talking to himself.

"Darling, you know-" "Don't tell me.." Avi interrupts quietly, covering his face.

Tim sighs, running his hand through his hair. "We're stopping somewhere," he says. He turns a different way, going to a place he knew might get Avi's mind off of whatever was on it.

He turns into a lake by the road, and parks the car there. "Get out," he tells Avi. He gets out himself, walking down to the edge of the lake.

Avi follows after him, slowly sitting down beside him.

"Why are we here," he whispers, leaning against Tim's side.

Tim wraps an arm around Avi's waist, leaning them forward. "I want you to look in the lake. Look at your reflection."

"Are we really going through this again?" Avi asks, looking in a different direction.

Tim kisses the hack of his head, making him look. "Just look."

Avi looks down into the shallow water, looking at his reflection.

"Now tell me.. What do you see?"