25

"C'mon, we'll get you in to see him now before Kevin brings her back," Scott says, pulling Tim's arm. He was determined to get Tim back there before Esther could stop them again.

They let Tim walk in first. He walks in slowly, almost scared to see what Avi looked like. He felt his heart break as he walked into the room.

Avi was laying in the bed, an IV stuck in his arm, and he was almost asleep. He heard Tim walk in, and he turned his head to look at him slowly.

"Oh, baby.." Tim whispers, walking to the bed side. He takes Avi's hands gently, kissing the back of it softly.

"What's this for?" Tim asks, pointing to the IV. Avi looks down at it, holding up his arm weakly.

"It's giving me the nutrients that I've lost and that I need," he answers quietly. He brings his hand to the IV, clawing at it carelessly. "Take it out.."

Tim shakes his head, eyes filling with tears. "You can't baby," he says. He knew that his cheek was probably bruising by now, he could feel it.

Avi looks up at him, a helpless look filling his eyes. He notices Tim's cheek, and he lifts his hand, rubbing his thumb across the bruise softly.

He opened his mouth to speak, but Kirstie beat him to it. "So how are feeling bassman?"

Avi drops his hand, shrugging a little. "I'm alright... Just wish I didn't have this IV in me," he whispers.

"It's giving you what you need, doll," Tim says, brushing some of the hair out of Avi's face.

Esther and Kevin suddenly walk into the room. Esther waked quickly, stopping behind Tim. She bends down to his ear, an unidentified look in her eyes.

She whispered something. Avi heard it, faintly, but he heard it.

"Get out."