Dont say "no.."

Demi stares at me with shock in her eyes for a few more minutes before answering. "Are you serious Nicki, or are you just messing around?"

I lean my back on Demi's chest again, I'm still sore but the bath is really helping. "I'm serious Dems," I say while playing with her ring finger, "I've been thinking a lot and honestly there's no one out there I would rather be with. You're everything and more to me and no one else is going to change that, ever Demi. You've been there for me through the worst of time and I want you there for the best of times too. I want you there as my wife."

I feel a drop of water fall onto my shoulder followed by a tremble by Demi. I look back at her, she crying. Shit... Did I do something wrong?

So I ask one more time "Demetria Devonne Lovato, will you do the honors in becoming my wife?"

"Yes! Nicki oh my god yes!" Demi kisses me hard.

"Good." I lay a towel on my wheelchair so it won't get wet and stand Up out of the bathtub. I pull myself into my wheelchair which hurts every single muscle in my body. I go to the dresser and open my sock drawer so I can grab the little box.

I go back into the bathroom. Demi was covering herself in a towel before she looks at me.

"Because if you said no I'm not sure what I would have done with this." I slide off of my wheelchair knowing I'm going to hurt my broken leg and every fiber in me. But I get on one knee anyway because I k ow the pain is worth it. Especially when it comes to Demi.

I open the little box with the diamond ring in it. I take it out and put it on her ring finger. Demi cried and laughs at the same time. "It's beautiful!"

"Not as beautiful as you." I wink. "Hey babe I don't mean to interrupt but can you help me back into the chair because I think I'm dying and my legs are falling off."

Demi chuckles before helping my into my clothes and into my wheel chair. After I watch her get dressed because hey, Demi has the best body I've ever seen.

"Hey! Don't be a perv." Demi winks at me.

"But I'm allowed to be, I'm your fiancee now remember?" We both smile at that.

"Yeah I remember.," Demi giggles.

She sits on my lap. "I'm not hurting you am I?"

"Actually no, it must be that great ass you have." I wink and she rolls her eyes.

I kiss her cheek before wheeling us out into the living room.

"It's about damn time!" Dallas says.

"Sorry Dall we were doing something." Demi replies.

"Ew god Demi spare me the details." Dallas laughs.

"God Dallas not that why do you have to be so dirty minded?" Demi grabs a pillow from the couch and throws it at her before she gets off of me and sits down on the sofa.

Dallas's eyes grow wide and she gasps. Demi looks at her like she's insane before she realizes where her gaze is.

"What is that?" Dallas points to the ring in her finger.

Demi looks at me smiling and all I can do is smile back. I still can't believe she's going to be my wife!

"Mom! Come here!" Dallas yells. Diana must be in the kitchen because I smell something amazing emanating from there.

"What?" Her mom comes out and looks at Dallas.

"Mom tell me that's not an engagement ring." Dallas squeals.

"Okay okay it is! Nicki just proposed to me." I can tell Demi is blushing as she tries to hide her face.

There's silence for a minute as everyone lets it sinks in.

"Oh my god my daughters getting married!!!" Dallas and her mom both scream in excited. Dear god what did I cause?

"Let's see it!" Diana takes Demi's hand.

"Oh my god this is beautiful. And it's so you Demi." Dallas and her mom both stare at the ring.

"So wedding plans?" Dallas looks at me.

"We just got engaged we haven't even thought that far yet." I laugh softly. Almost nervously.

"It's never too early to start! Don't worry we have everything covered!" Diana looks at me and flashes a huge smile.

Demi looks at me to see if I'm okay with it. I just shrug.

"So what movies did you guys pick out?" I say after the madness calmed down.

"Jurassic World." Dallas says. "Oh and mom made dinner." She smiles.

Good because I'm fucking starving and I definitely couldn't eat at my sisters funeral.

-

After dinner Demi and I sit in the couch while Dallas and Diana make popcorn. Demi straddles my lap and grins. I bite my lip. I know what she thinking.

I kisses my lips softly which soon leads to a full on make out session. Demi's hands start to wander down my chest and into my pants.

"Popcorns ready!" Dallas shouts.

Demi hurriedly jumps off of me and sits right next to me. She takes her hand in mine.

Dallas gives us a bowl of popcorn and stares at us. "Why are you guys breathing hard? Gross, never mind I don't want to know." She walks back into the kitchen and grabs drinks.

Demi looks at me and we can't help but laugh.

Dianna hands us both a Dr. Pepper and we start the movie after they take their seats.

A peaceful night with the family. I can get used to this.