Thats not my sister

The next morning, Demi and I get ready for our trip to Nevada. We called in a private detective last night and had him track down my sister Sarah. He wouldn't tell us any details but gave us an address and said "just... You need to find out for yourself. This isn't something that should be coming from me."

Instantly I became worried. What the fuck was going on with my baby sister? Demi is trying her best to console me but my anxiety makes it hard for me to even cope today.

All I know, is I need to be in Nevada and I need to be there now.

-

We step off the plane and into the small airport of Elko. It's much smaller than L.A do I have a lot of getting used to to do.

We called a taxi driver over and gave him the piece of paper with the address on it.

When we arrived I looked up at the house. It was amazing. Beautiful even. My worry slowly vanished but what the hell was the detective talking about?

"Demi you knock... I'm too nervous... Please?" I give her my pout face which works almost every time.

She knocks and we hear a bit of rustling before the door slowly creaks open. "Sarah?" I ask just above a whisper.

"Who's there?" The person says through the cracked door.

"Nicki.... And Demi."

The door opens slowly and she comes into full view.

"What do you want?" The person croaks out. She didn't look like my sister anymore. This body was thin, too thin, malnourished even. Her hair was matted and in knots. It took me a second to realize that this carcass of a person really is my sister.

I moved past her and into the house.

"Yeah just come in. You never were one for boundaries."

The house looked clean actually. Which was surprising.

"Is this your house?" I turn towards my sister and wait for an answer.

"Yeah this is my place." She looks at me.

"Sarah what happened to you?" I decide to get straight to the point. Demi is now standing beside me.

"Mom and dad....." She breaks down and I catch her. She looked small through the sweater she was wearing but I didn't realize how bad it really was until I held her close to me.

She put her hands up to her face to cover it. That's when her sleeves fell down just enough to let me see her wrists were mutilated and infected from cutting herself.

I couldn't help but gasp at the sight and when she seen that I knew she pulled away from me.

"Sarah what is that?" Tears filled my eyes.

"It's nothing... Just leave me alone!" She ran into the bathroom crying.

Demi caught onto what we were talking about. "Let me handle this." She looks at me.

I knew she had a past with cutting and bulimia so I let her go. She could help my sister more than I could. I didn't even know what to say right now.... I didn't know how to feel. I was hurt. Why couldn't see just talk to me...?

Demi POV

I ran over to the bathroom door before it could shut and allowed myself inside, closing the door behind me.

Sarah looked at me. "What the fuck get the fuck out!"

I took a step towards her. "No I'm not leaving you."

"Get out!" She pointed towards the door.

"No I'm not leaving you." I looked at her. Before taking her into my arms. She breaks down and falls into me. A blade slipping out of her fingers and onto the floor.

I take in a deep breath and close my eyes. I hold her close to me. "We'll get you help."

She looks up at me with pleading eyes." Please..."

After she claimed down I asked her if I could see her arms. She shook her head yes and slowly rolled up her sleeves.

They were red with irritation and a few were infected. They were deep but not deep enough to need stitches.

"Lets clean these up." I took a wash cloth and put warm water on it. I dabbed at the wounds softly. She winced in pain.

"I'm sorry am I being to rough?" I ask.

"No you're fine." She mumbles.

I bandage her arms and slide down her sleeves.

"I can't go out there." She says to me in a serious voice.

"Why not?" I look at her already knowing the answer. She's ashamed.

"Did you see Nicki's face when she saw my arms? I can't..." She trailed off.

I pull her into a hug. "You have to be brave. Believe it or not Nicki really needs you right now Sarah."

She looks into my eye, hers been to tear up. "Okay..."

I open the door and see Nicki sitting in the couch staring into space.

"Nicki?" Sarah asks. Nicks head shoots up.

"I'm sorry." Sarah begins to break down as she runs into her sisters arms.