Lost

Nicki POV

Demi has called me non stop last night and into the morning. I know she's upset and probably even worried but I can't bring myself to talk to her. The shitty thing is, we have the show tonight and I have to show up. I'm not going to call in because my emotions are overwhelming.

The hair dresser and make up artist enter my room and start to work their magic.

*buzz buzz*

I pick my phone up and look at the caller ID.

Demi

I ignore the call and focus on the show tonight. I don't k ow what's going to happen or how I'm going to react seeing her but I know that whatever it is, I'm going to hate, or have a mental break down. Either one.

Honestly, I didn't want Demi to see me break down. I wasn't ready for that yet so that's why I left. I'm just not ready to be questioned right now.

-

I stare at my reflection in the mirror of my dressing room thinking, contemplating before going out and taking my regular seat.

I'm the only one out so I take out my phone and check my messages.

-please talk to me

-I'm sorry

-Will you at least tell me what I did wrong? I think you owe me that much.

All from you know who. I rub my temples as the rest of the panel come out to take their seats. Demi sits next to me.

She doesn't even look at me or acknowledge my presence. I deserve that.

The first few contestants were awful. They gave me a headache. I never knew someone could screech so loud into a damn microphone. What I didn't understand was why Simon let them continue for so long!

The next contestant came out, she looked very promising. Not to mention she was easy on the eyes.

Once she opened her mouth, a beautiful medley of True Color by Cyndi Lauper belted out of her. Demi noticed my enthusiasm for this girl so when it came time for her to vote she turned the girl down.

"I mean you're good but I don't think you're star quality just yet." I looked at Demi like she was crazy. An uproar of boos followed and Simon starred at her like he might slap her.

"Well I loved your voice and I love you! You're so cute!" I laughed. "So its a yes from me!" I stated and she squealed.

The crowd seemed pleased by my answer because they all screamed in satisfaction.

The the break I stayed in my chair. A make up artist touched up my make up and Demi stayed right by my side.

Once the artist left Demi pulled out her phone and text me. I couldn't escape from this one so I had to reply.

Demi -can we talk...
Me- yeah, in your dressing room. After the show.

She seemed pleased with that answer because she put her phone away and looked at her nails. They were black with silver streaks. I smiled, she's already getting ready for Halloween. It's only the beginning of October for Christ sake. whatever though. This is her month.

Simon and Tulisa came back and the show resumed. Demi seemed occupied. I was dreading our talk.