Apologies

Demi POV

The make-up artist was over finishing my makeup when I heard a knock on my hotel door.

I was hoping it wasn't another crazed fan so I had my bodyguard answer. A few minutes later he brought in a box of roses. "You know those are expensive right?" He chuckled.

I roll my eyes and open the box expecting the roses to be from one of my super fans. I read the note.

"Fuck!" My makeup artist looked at me like I was insane. "Do any of you guys know where Nicki's room is?"

"Third floor room 205 I think. Why?"

Before I could say anything I rushed out the door. I reached the third floor and search for room 205.

I pound on the door. "Nicki open up!"
I look around and make sure there are no fans around me before knocking again. I give up and turn around resting on the door.

I see Nicki standing there sipping in her smoothie. She extends a bag towards me. "Bagel?"

I chuckle gently and look at her.

"Can I come in?" I point to her door.

She digs in her pocket for her room key and hold the door open for me.

I walk in and sit on the love seat.

"So what brings you to my home way from home?" She rifles through her bag and takes out the bagels carefully setting them in napkins.

"The roses you sent me." I watch her carefully as she spreads strawberry cream cheese on both of the bagels.

She's silent for a minutes. Then, walks over to me and hands me a bagel. "Did you not like them?" She asks as she sits down in the recliner.

"No! I loved them, they're beautiful. It's just, the note." She takes a bite and listens. "Look, I don't hate you," I set down my bagel, "actually its the opposite. I look out of the window.

She looks confused so I continue speaking. "Its just, there's something I find interesting about you."

"You act like you've never seen a lesbian before." She. Chuckled softly.

"What?"

"Um nothing. Look we should be going if we're going to make it to the show in time."

I look at my watch. "Oh shit youre right!" Nicki opens the door for me and we both leave.

-

The first few contestants go by before I even realize I left my phone in Nicki's hotel room.

"Hey," I whisper, " left my phone in your room. Can I come home with you tonight and get it?"

She smiles. I die a little inside. "Yeah I don't mind. I'll drive."

Simon shoots us a glare, we both laugh quietly before focusing out attention back to the contestant.

He was really good. He had a certain rock edge to his voice that I really liked. We put him through to the next round.

An elderly lady came onto the stage next and vegan singing one of the slowest songs of my life. I drifted off and thought of how I was going to see Nicki tonight.

I know it would only be to pick up my phone but still, I was going to see her. I wonder what she meant by lesbian. Is she a lesbian? Am I? Ugh there are so many confusing feelings and questions running through my mind these past few days.