Mom

"Honey.." I felt a hand shake me gently from my dream. "Honey wake up."

I groan and open my eyes reluctantly to see my mom and sister standing in front of me. "Hey hun." My mom pulled me into a hug. Dallas hugged me after.

"Oh god. How long has it been since you showered?" Dallas crinkled her nose in disgust.

"About a week...." I look at the floor.

"Honey you need to go shower!" My mom rubbed my arm. "Dallas will sit here and let you know if anything goes wrong. I'll drive you home."

"No I'm not leaving." I looked my mom straight in the eyes.

"Get her out of here." Nurse Bailey laughed. "Honey you need some sunlight. You're starting to look like a ghost." I laughed at what Bailey said. She was right I suppose.

I looked at Dallas. "You tell me if she even takes a slow breath of air." I gave her my stern voice. She didn't say anything g like she usually would. She just nodded.

-

The warm water ran down my face. Chest. Stomach. Legs. It never felt so good before. I wanted to stay in there forever but I only showered for ten minutes. I dressed and then told my mom I wanted to go back to the hospital.

"Let's go get something to eat first." She rubbed my arm again.

"No I really think I should go back." I walked toward the door.

"Demetria Devonne Lovato. We are going to get something to eat. Dallas is at the hospital and she told you she would call you if something happened. So lets go."

My mom hardly ever called me by my first name. "Yes ma'am." I muttered.

-

We went to a Chinese restaurant. One where we wouldn't be noticed my the paps. We ordered our food and sat down to eat.

It was silent for a bit before my mom spoke. "I didn't see any of her family there." She took a bitw of her orange chicken.

"She doesn't have any." My voice was plain.

"She must have some relatives. I mean her mom and dad? Brother or sister? Aunts and uncles?"

"Her mom and dad died about seven months ago. And..... And Sarah... She.. She's gone. She pasted away a week ago and they keep asking me what to do with the body," tears form in my eyes, "I don't know what the fuck to do with the body mom! I mean how the hell do you make arrangements for someone you love?" The tears are increasing and I try to wipe them away but its not use. I decide to just let them fall.

My mom puts her hand on my wrist in an attempt to comfort me. "I don't want to wait for Nicki to wake up and have to deal with it either. She was on the way to the hospital trying to go see her sister when she was in the car wreck." I shake my head.

"I don't know what I'm going to do if I lose her mom." I look her in the eyes. "It's going to fucking kill me inside. I've never been in love with someone like this before..... It hurts."

"I know honey, let me deal with all of the arrangements and once Nicki gets better we can have a ceremony." My mom's voice soothed me.

I shook my head yes and began to calm down. It felt as if a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

"I need to get back to the hospital." This time my mom didn't say no. She only smiled softly and gathered our food to eat at the hospital.

-

Nurses rushed into the door. The doctor was screaming orders. "Code Blue code blue!!!!"

My heart dropped. It looked like they were running into Nickis room.

"Time of death 9:45 pm." I watched everyone pile out. I was stunned and I couldn't move. Dallas looked up at me during the confusion.

I run towards Nickis room and look in the window. I let out a huge breath of air seeing she's okay. Her heart it beating normally and her breaths are just fine.

"The old guy next door had a heart attack and they couldn't revive him." Dallas looked up at me from the chair.

Good. It wasn't Nicki. I mean, yeah I feel really bad Hey for the family but I'm just happy it wasn't her that almost died.

"We're moving her tomorrow out of the ICU." I turned to see Dr. Evans behind me.

"Seriously?" I was becoming overjoyed.

"Yup, everything seems normal and she seems to be getting stronger. You'll be able to see her tomorrow." He smiled and left.