Humor Me

I hear a light knocking on my door and check myself in the mirror one last time. Demi stands there smiling at me and I let her in.

She closes the door and kisses me softly. "I missed you." She looks up at me.

"I missed you too." My hands hold her waist.

This was the first time I saw her without make up and she is beautiful. I kiss her one more time.

I hold her hand and bring her into my room. She sits on the bed. I thought we could watch movies together.

A smile crawls across her face. "I would love that."

"I'll go make the popcorn. Um, I have Dr. pepper and water but that's it. I don't drink so..."

"I don't either. But a water sounds fine."

The microwave beeps so I take the popcorn out and pour it in a bowl. I take a bottle of water from the fridge as well as a soda, then make my way back to the room.

"Pick a movie yet?" I look at the TV screen.

"I was thinking we could watch Stand By Me."

"That's fine. It's one of my favorite movie actually." I set the food on the bed and hand her the water bottle. She takes a sip before placing it on the night stand.

The movie begins to play.

"It's a bit cold in here." Demi rubs her arms with her hands so I pull the covers over her.

"Better?" I giggle. She smiles and nods.

Halfway through the movie I open my Dr. Pepper and take a drink. Demi takes it out of my hand an takes few drinks and smiles. I roll my eyes and giggle. She sets it on the night stand with her water, then leans over me and lays the popcorn in my side nightstand.

She pulls the covers over us more and lays her head on my chest. I put my arm around her securing her to my body.

-

The movie ends and I can hear Demi's light snoring. A smile creeps onto my face and I listen for a bit.

I turn the TV off as well as our bedside lamps and lay down for the night. Demi clings to my chest so I hold onto her tight until she loosens her grip.

I kiss the top of her head and stare up at the ceiling until darkness overcomes me and I slip into a state of unconsciousness.

That night I slept better than I have in a long time. That is until my phone rings waking us up the next morning.

It's my manager.

"Hello?" I say half asleep.

"You have an interview in an hour. Get ready I'll pick you up."

"For what?" I say through a yawn.

"It's with the XFactor crew. Just hurry and get ready. I'll be there in 45."