Euphoria

"Her BP is falling. We need to get her to the hospital stat!"

"She's losing consciousness. Her heart rate is slowing down."

Beep. Beep....... Beep................beep.......................................

"Charge to two hundred! Clear!"

"Continue chest compressions. Charge to three hundred! Clear."

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Heart rate is back to normal. We need to keep her stabilized until we reach the hospital."

"Shit! Her airway is closing! We need to an emergency trach and put her on ventilation."

"Run an IV through her arm. She's losing a lot of blood. We need to stop the bleeding."

Frantic attempt to try to revive me. Everything seemed so pointless. I was already gone. I mean, I knew I was. I felt literally nothing. I wasn't in pain, in fact I was driving away from reality into a euphoria of bright light. The closer I became to the light, the more calm and at peace I felt.

Something drew me in closer. It could have been the way the light made me feel or my need I sensed to see what was on the other side.

I drifted closer and closer....

-

The paramedics jump out of the ambulance and wheel the gurney into the hospital where the doctors take over from there.

"We're losing her! Book an O.R! We need to find out where she's bleeding out from and control it."

"Find an anesthesiologist and lets get her going."

Up the elevator and to the third door on the left lay Nicki, cut open and barely alive. With the bleeding contained, she is taken up to radiology where an MRI and CT scan are performed in order to rule out internal bleeding or a brain hemorrhage.

"Damn it! Her liver is bleeding, we need to go back in and fix that. Do you see that?" The surgeon points to the brain scan. "She has a brain bleed too. If her brain swells during surgery that's it for her."

With the liver taken care of the surgery on the brain can now take place.

"Scapel." He cuts open the shaved part of her head to get to the skull. He then takes out a piece of her skull with a bone saw.

"Forceps."

"Clamp"

He lasers the bleed shut and makes sure brain activity is still prominent.

"Take her to recovery in ICU."

-

Beep. Beep. Beep............. Beep.....................

"Code blue! Send in the resident on duty! Beginning compressions! And get a defibrillator!"

"Charged! Clear! Begin compressions again!"

"Charge to 400! Clear!"

"Fuck come on! Beat!!"

"Charge again"

"Doctor its been to long.... She's gone.."

"I said charge again now do it damn it!"

"Clear!"

-

"Is this Demi?"

"Yeah who is this?"

"This is Sally from the hospital. I couldn't locate any of Nicki's family bit there's been an accident......"

Before Demi could listen to the rest she ran out of the door and drove to the hospital.

She charges through the doors and goes to the nurses station.

"Where's Nicki?! Is she okay."

The nurse looks up at her and takes in a deep, solemn breath.

"There's something you need to know...." The nurse looks up at Demi with sad eyes.