Gone

"Baby, where's the box with my pictures?" My head shoots up at Demi. She was helping me unpack.

"Um, I think it's by the door hun." She looks back at the box she was digging through.

I walk over to the door and open the box. A picture of my family was laid on the top. I took it out and rubbed the dust away with my thumb. I took a deep breath, grabbed the box.

"Where should I put these?" I kiss Dems cheek.

"Put them with the rest of the family pictures, love."

I hang them on the wall and stand back to look at our collage of picture frames on the wall. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I smile.

"Our own little family." Demi whispers in my ear.

"It's beautiful." I whisper, then I turn back around to give Demi a long passionate kiss.

Our lips moving in sync with one another. God I could never get used to this. Every time we kissed it was like we were kissing for the very first time.

My phone begins ringing but I ignore it.

Demi pulls away. "Baby answer that it could be important."

I look at her and smile. She was so thoughtful.

"Hello?" I answer while I plop down on the couch.

"Hi, is this Nicki?"

"In the flesh. May I ask who's calling?" I look at my manicure I just got the other day noticing my nail polish is chipped.

"Well, we have some bad news..."

I sit up straight and begin to panic. "Your sister is on the hospital. She tried to kill herself."

My heart sinks. "What hospital is she in?!" I yell out.

"We life flighted her out to the one near you, since youre her only family. I'm so sorry."

I hang up the phone and jump off of the couch grabbing my keys in the process.

"Babe are you okay? Where are you going?" Demi called after me. She tried to catch me but I turned the key in the ignition and pulled out of the driveway before she could.

I race down the highway going 20 miles of the speed limit. I pass every car that comes into view. I see a pair of red tail lights stop abruptly in front of me. I try to stop in time but my car rams into the back bumper of the truck in front of me causing my car to flip.

Everything goes blurry and my eye lids become heavy. I become lighter and soon my eyes close and no matter how hard I try to open them they won't budge. I'm fading.

The last thing I hear are sirens coming closer before I'm totally gone. Gone, with no sign of returning. My heart beat slows. My blood drains from my body. My unconsciousness becomes nothing. I become lighter, free.

I'm gone.