Weak

I ran as fast as I could to Nicki's room and looked through the window. She wasn't breathing on her own so the doctors had her hooked up to a machine. Wires were spread across her chest and bruises covered her body.

I couldn't help but break down and fall to my knees. The one person I love more than anything on this planet is laying in front of me fighting for her life.

My sobs were interrupted by bright lights and the paparazzi swarming me, asking me questions. I suddenly became irate and overprotective. I began pushing and shouting and tried to make them leave.

I busted one on the nose causing them to bleed. Everyone stopped and stared at me with surprised looks followed by a few gasps.

"You're looking at a lawsuit Lovato!" The man said as he held his nose to keep it from bleeding.

I walked away down into another hallway and sat, leaning in front of a vending machine letting the tears roll down my face.

I sat there for a few more minutes before wiping the tears from my cheeks and walking back towards the nurses station.

"What room is Sarah Faye in?" I asked the same nurse who told me where Nicki was.

"Uh.... She died a few hours after arriving. The doctor did everything he could but she was bleeding too much and they couldn't stop it in time."

My heart broke into a million pieces. I felt like this was my fault. I just had to have Nicki move in with me when it was her sister who needed her the most. So when she wakes up and asks if her sisters okay.... What do I do? What do I say?

-

I peered through the glass at Nicki. She was still in the ICU but the doctor said she would be able to leave in a few days if she keeps getting better.

I haven't been to any meetings and my manager keeps calling me. I never answer though. I don't care anymore.

I sit down in the chair next to her door and close my eyes slowly.

*buzz buzz

My phone starts to vibrate. I look at the caller ID

Mom is calling......

A tired "hello" slips out of my mouth.

"Demi are you okay? We haven't heard from you in a week." I could hear the worry in my mom's voice.

"I've been in the hospital." I bring my legs up to my chest and rest my chin on my knees.

"What why? Is everything okay?"

"Nicki was in a car accident. She's in the ICU." I was so used to saying this, I sounded monotone.

"Oh my god is she okay?" My mom was worried.

"She's stable. But I'm not allowed to see her until she's out of intensive care." I looked back at Nicki to make sure she was okay.

Nurse Bailey came by and handed me a bag of food. I smiled at her and whisper thank you. She winked. She was my favorite nurse. The other one was a bitch. She was so snarky and glared when she past me.

"Dallas and I will be down there later today."

"No its fine. I'm okay. Really mom I am." I didn't want them to see me like this. I haven't showered since I've been here and I haven't even changed my clothes. I looked terrible.

"Will you be there around seven?"

"Well yes but-..."

"Kay see you then." She cut me off. Great. I'm not ready for Dallas's snide comments. She could be such a bitch sometimes. It's not like she meant to come off that way. She just did.

-

After I ate I looked at my phone. 5:30 p.m.

My mom and sister will be here soon. Maybe I can sleep for a half hour. I close my eyes. I hadn't slept more than 10 hours this past week. I was too afraid something may happen to Nicki. My eyes grow heavy and I drift off.