Weaknesses

"Fancy a glass of wine?" Tulisa poured a glass for herself.

"No thanks, I don't drink." My eyes study the room.

"Oh yeah, why's that?" She takes a seat next to me on the sofa.

"My dad was an alcoholic." My eyes meet hers before she glances down. An awkward feeling spreads through the air.

"Well," she takes my necklace in her fingers again, "can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, anything." I look at her.

"I've had my eyes on you since I first saw you." Her accent was so beautiful.

I grin. "Oh you have?"

"Yeah but I thought you and Demi had something going on. So I never went a further." Her face now inches from mine.

I cleared my throat and chugged down her glass if wine. "I'm pretty sure Demi's straight."

Tulisa looks at me surprised. "Well she could have fooled me. With the way she looks at you and all I assumed you two were in love."

"Um," my eyebrows furrow, "you know what? I should go."

"I'm sorry did I say something wrong?" She watch's me stand up.

"No, I'm just really tired." A weak smile reaches my lips before I leave.

-

"Thank you." I say to the make up artist before she leave. I look myself over in the mirror contemplating the events of yesterday and mainly thinking about Demi.

*knock knock

"Come in!" My eyes never leaving the mirror. I see Demi in the reflection so I turn around.

She looks at the ground. "Simon said we're starting early tonight. There's still so many people to get through." The door slowly begins to close.

"Wait Demi!" The door stops. "I want to talk, please. Just for a minute."

She comes in and closes the door behind her.

"Yeah?"

"What happened?

"What do you mean?" Demi looks away from me.

"I thought we had something really going for us." I stand up and walk towards her.

"You also seemed to have a connection with Tulisa." Her stare dead center with mine.

I shake my head. "Is that what this is about? Jealousy? Because nothing happened between me and her. I went home."

I place my hand on the door she was leaning against. A look of relief fills her eyes.

"You didn't?" Demi looks up at me.

"How could I when all I can think about is you?

She smiles gently while trying bit to show her emotions.

"You do?" Our lips coming closer.

"Yeah."

The connection between us growing rapidly. Our lips almost in full contact when I hear a knock at the door. We move quickly away and straighten ourselves out.

"Uh, come in!" I manage to choke out.

I see Tulisa come through the door. She looks at me and then to Demi, then back at me again.

"Simon said its showtime. He sent Demi in here to tell you but I can see she already beat me to it." Tulisa states at us for a few more minutes, then leaves.

"Wait I'll come with you!" Demi yells after her.

My fingers run through my hair and I let out a breath of relief before going out onto the panel.