Epilogue

5 years later

What's better than spending Sunday at your parents house and having barbeque in their backyard?

Sam doing all the work. That's much better.

"Daddy.. I can't find my shoe."

I look down at my two year old little girl, pouting her lips in sheer sadness with a wide frown on her face. I squat down so that I can look at her properly.

"Lydia.. You know Mummy's gonna be angry if you lost your pink princess shoe. Again."

"I didn't lose it! Nathan stole it." She crosses her arms in front of her chest and pouts even more. I internally chuckle. She always does this; misplaces her belongings and then blames it on her older brother so that he can get a scolding. Even though he's three years older than her.

Nathan comes running and abruptly stops beside me. "I didn't steal it!"

I can sense the initiation of a war about to take place, but our attention is diverted to Suzanna calling out, "Lydia! I think I found your missing shoe."

Without wasting another second, Lydia darts away with a huge grin on her face.

"I promise I didn't hide it." Nathan says with a nasty frown on his face; one that only appears when he's trying to defend himself from his sister's devious plans.

"Oh, I know that buddy." I try and comb his dishevelled hair with my fingers. "She just tends to do that."

"Why does she always do it?"

"Because.. Girls can be crazy sometimes."

"Is that so?" The voice comes from behind me and I bite my lip to try and hide the busted look on my face. Nathan covers his mouth as he giggles and whispers, "You're busted."

He runs away and I slowly get up, my lips curved up in a smile. I turn around and see Romana standing with her hands on her hips and her eyebrows raised in challenge.

"Well.." I snake my arms around her waist and gently pull her close.

"Is that what you're teaching our son? That girls are crazy?"

"I have to. He'd strangle Lydia otherwise."

She starts laughing and my heart instantly flutters at the sound. "May I inform you Mrs. Tyler Chase.."

"Please do." She prompts.

"..That you look very pretty in pink."

She wraps her arms around my neck. "This is the tenth time you've told me this since morning."

"And yet, you're still blushing."

She smiles shyly and nervously ducks her head. She's always like this; every time I compliment her, she turns into a tomato. And I love it. I absolutely love the fact that my wife gets shy when I'm around her.

Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, I lean my forehead against hers and gently stroke her forearms.

"You're so beautiful.." I whisper to her before kissing her softly. Her hands leave my neck and travel to rest on my chest. I could keep kissing her. The way our lips move in sync against each other every time we kiss is something that I'll never get used to.

"Hey, Romeo! Wanna leave Juliet and help me with the food here?"

Sam's annoying remark makes me detach my lips from her and I inwardly groan. But before I can make my way towards him, I hear Dad say, "I got it!"