Chapter 11

A little bit of some information. The vortex tunnel is actually in the "Ripley's - Believe it or not" museum. It's not in Madame Tussaud's. I only added it here cuz well I couldn't remember stuff from Ripley's. So I'm sorry to any offended.
Secondly, I'm attaching a photo of the vortex tunnel to let y'all know how it looks like. Also, I'm attaching the link for the song "You and Me" by Lifehouse, just in case if you wanna listen to it while reading the scene. Enjoy!

Do I tell her that I've been having dreams about her?

They started off with her saving me but the dream I had last night, the way our hands were intertwined, God that was too much. My heart felt like it was gonna explode when I woke up this morning. Am I seriously romanticizing about her? Do I really feel that way?

"Tyler!!"

I shake out of my trance and realize Sam had been calling out to me since quite some while now.

"Are - you - back - on - planet - Earth?" He asks me in slow motion as if I'm a 2 year old who can't understand phrases properly.

"Oh, shut up," I snap. "What, a guy can't even think now?"

"Think? You were in a bloody trance, bud."

"Whatever. What were you saying?"

"It's Suzanna's birthday next week, and I'm planning a party. It won't be big, just some close people. And I'd really like you to come."

"I don't know man.. You guys are all over each other when you're together.. I'm gonna get seriously bored.."

His smile falls and he frowns saying, "Excuse me? We never do that, we are the best entertainers." When he observes that he still hasn't convinced me, he quickly states, "Come on Ty! It's just a couple of hours.. She'd really like it as well.. It'll make us happy.."

There. The son of a gun did it. He has this sad smile on his face and he looks like an innocent kid, that did it.

"Alright, I'll come." I say with a small smile, which is nothing compared to the gigantic grin on his face. He thanks me a billion times and then goes off to work.

------------

Shit, shit, shit! It's 6 pm and I'm nowhere near getting free. A new case came up and all of us had to stay past our off time to study it. Cassandra gets free in an hour, there is absolutely no way I'll make it in time.

"Chase!" My boss calls out.

"Yeah?"

"Have you written your report?"

"I have, yes. Was just compiling it."

"You can leave then." He tells me.
I swear to God, never have I ever liked him more than in this moment. I could hug the man.

I grab my briefcase and bag and go out as fast as I can. I sit in my car and head towards home, it's 6:45 pm. I need to go home and change my clothes and there's only fifteen minutes left! But if I do go home and change, I will never meet Cassandra, not on this day. I contemplate whether I should head home or not.. Oh, screw it! I take a left and make my way towards Madame Tussaud's.