Chapter 48

My eyes flutter open and I blink a couple of times, trying to get my mind forget the heaviness of the dream and instead embrace the lightness of reality.

I close my eyes again and turn around lazily on my other side to cuddle with Cassandra. I extend my arm, hoping to feel the warmth of her body. But the space beside me is empty and cold. I squint my eyes open and she's not there next to me.

My eyes automatically open wide; the memory of the dream causing my mind to frantically search for her and come up with ridiculous thoughts. I divert my gaze from the bed and sigh with relief.

There she is, standing in front of the window looking outside. Her palm is lightly pressed against the glass as she views the world outside. I let my head rest against the pillow once again as I examine her. She's wearing my white shirt which reaches her mid thigh, hanging loosely. I take a content breath, letting my eyes drink in the beauty of my world. My very own personal world. Her hair is falling in perfect curly ringlets and upon close inspection, I realize she's wearing only my shirt and her panties. Nothing else.

I slowly get out of bed, careful not to disturb her from her peaceful state. It's 8:00 in the morning, which means we slept through the whole of evening and night. I quietly pull my jeans on and stand near the edge of the bed, just looking at her. I don't think I've ever seen something more spectacular than the sight before me. The light coming from outside is blocked by her figure, so that it's only visible from her outlines. It's as if she's luminous; like she has a halo. I close my eyes, imprinting the picture in my mind. I'm never letting go of this moment, of every moment that I've spent with her, of her.

Moving towards her, I wrap my arms around her waist. She stiffens at the sudden contact, but then she relaxes instantly; leaning back on my chest and covering my arms with hers.

"Morning," I mumble as I bury my face in her hair.

"Hey.. Slept well?"

"Better than I ever have."

She giggles and tightens her grip on my arms. I rest my chin on her shoulder and breathe her sweet scent in. I've grown so accustomed to this fragrance, her smell, that it feels like home now.

"Brilliant view, yeah?" I ask her.

"Definitely. I never knew a city view, full of skyscrapers and traffic could be so mesmerizing."

I chuckle. "This is my favourite spot in the whole apartment."

"I can see why. If I lived here, this would've been my ideal spot, as well."

I feel my heart skip a beat at her words. The thought of her living here crosses my mind and I literally have to bite my tongue from asking her to move in. Just the idea of us living together makes my entire being light up with happiness. But, I know it's a bit too soon for it.

"Cassandra?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you." I say with all the sincerity I have to offer.

She turns around and rests her palms on my chest. Red streaks appear on her cheeks as she whispers, "I love you, too."

Closing my eyes, I bring my forehead against hers and sigh. "Say it again.."

"I love you, Tyler."

I bring my hands to her cheeks and gently stroke her jawline. "Again.." I whisper.

"I love you.."

I smile and softly press my lips to hers, moving my hands back to fist her hair. She brings her hand to cup my neck while her other hand stays on my chest.