Prologue

He was flying. He really was, like a bird. He had wide, long wings; so huge that he could conceal himself if he folded them across. They were canescent; so much that they could be blinding if you looked at them for too long. They were his most conspicuous part.

These wings were his safety, they were his guard. He counted on them to save him. They gave him a sort of grace, an elegance that any man on Earth would envy.

And Tyler knew better, for it was these wings that the world was after. He kept flying, dodging the attacks that this cruel world shot at him. Why was he always treated like this? Why couldn't he, for once, fly freely without a care in the world?

He soared up high, determined to reach a point where no one could see him. He desperately wanted to outclass everyone; after all, he was the one with splendor. The others were just mundane, nothing special about them.

He was so absorbed in his flight, that he forgot to dodge a bullet that hit him right in the left wing. The part of his body that he depended on, betrayed him. The part of his body that he was so boastful about, now made him vulnerable.

The pain that spread from his wing to his heart was unbearable. He let out a blood curdling scream as he tumbled down, falling back to the ground he so proudly used to stomp on. The fall itself was excruciating, with him gasping loudly and silently wishing for a miracle to save him.

That was when he felt a hand grabbing his. The grasp was so strong that it didn't take even a second for him to stop from falling. He looked up and quickly shielded his eyes with his other hand.

The wings of this other one were even more blinding, but were also literally sparkling, like they had diamonds embedded on them. He slowly tried and adjusted his blue eyes, and found himself looking into a pair of green eyes. He couldn't detach his gaze from them, they were so captivating.

"I got you." Her voice was like velvet, he could feel the softness in it. It was a voice that could calm every soul. It calmed him immediately. But before he could ask her who she was, he found her saying, "Wake up, Tyler. Wake up."

Hey guys! So this is the first ever story that I'm writing and yes I'm very excited I could explode.
A gigantic thanks to my friend, Dalia (daliajalia) for making the cover for me and guiding me through the confusions of Wattpad. A warm hug from here to there, babe.
And a major thanks to my best friend, Saba (Saba_saeed22) for almost bursting with excitement when I told her about this. You're my rock, and I don't know what I'd do without your annoying ass. I love you idjit.
Hope you guys like this story as much as I'm putting my heart and mind into it. I will be updating chapter 1 soon. Please share your thoughts regarding this. Thank you!
- H <3