Chapter 38

Remember how hyper I was when Cassandra agreed to hang out with me?

Well, that hyperness was nothing compared to what I'm feeling now. I'm in a frantic mode. I'm fucking hyperventilating. I have no idea how to act or talk on a date with her, I didn't even know what to wear a couple hours ago! Oh, God. This is nerve wrecking.

This is the first time in my entire life that I couldn't decide what to wear. It was stressing me out so much that I actually stood outside a ladies store and stared at a ball gown for a good ten minutes before someone bumped into me and I realized that I was actually considering to wear that thing. Jesus Christ.

Sam and Zanna have been their annoying self, as usual. When he discovered that I spent the night at Cassandra's, he thought that I had - and I quote - "made sweet, sweet love" to her. But when I told him that I didn't even kiss her, he bought holy water and sprinkled on me. That son of a bitch actually sprayed me with holy water! According to him, I have been possessed by a celibate demon. Zanna wanted to take me to a psychiatrist because she thought that maybe I was fearing human touch. These two, I swear. I would gladly kill them if I got the chance.

But universe has made sure that I don't kill them even if I desperately want to. Because if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have a tux hanging neatly in front of me. When I told them that I'll be taking Cass on a date, they totally freaked out. They started jumping and running around the room with their hands in the air. Sam gave me a hug and a heavy pat on the back, and Zanna kissed my cheeks. They were both so excited, you'd think they were going on a date. And, they also gave me some "tips" - as if I've never been on a date before. But then again, it's the first time I feel so nervous.

Zanna's tips:
1) look as immaculate as humanely possible
2) keep breath mints AT ALL times
3) give her flowers
4) compliment her A LOT
5) try and kiss her in the end

Sam's tips:
1) kiss her
2) kissing is a necessity this time
3) she needs to be kissed
4) make the kiss sweet and sensual
5) just freaking kiss her!

And then they helped me buy a tux. So here I am, in my room, slightly panicking at the thought that in less than three hours, I'll be taking the love of my life on our first date.

-----------

Whoever said that only girls freak out when it comes to first dates? Because I can tell you, boys are jitterish just as much. I've been standing outside her house since almost fifteen minutes and I can't bring myself to knock on her door. My palms are sweaty and the collar of this shirt seems like it's strangling me. What if she doesn't like the pink carnations I got her? I didn't wanna go with roses because they're too cliché and a bit too straightforward. But what if she's expecting a bouquet of roses? What if she doesn't like how I'm dressed? I look too formal. What if she's dressed casually? What if she refuses to go with me? What if the whole thing turns out to be a gigantic disaster and she ends up hating me?

Oh shut up, Tyler! Breathe, you jackass.

I inhale heavily and then forcefully exhale through my mouth.

Man up. You can do this.

I ring the bell and wait for her to come. There's light sounds as she comes down the stairs and some shuffling behind the door. This is it.

There's a 'click' as the door unlocks and swiftly opens to reveal her. I don't think I'll ever be able to breathe normally again.

She's wearing a royal blue dress that ends just above her knee. There's a cross strap on the neck and a thin belt on the waist that slightly highlights her curves. Is it possible to fall in love with your favourite color by just seeing someone wear it? She's bringing an elegance to the color blue that I have never before witnessed. Her hair aren't the usual, wild ringlets; they're falling effortlessly till her waist and there are long, loose curls instead. She's wearing long black boots which look extremely sleek and sexy with the dress.

I don't know what to do. I'm frozen in place with a bouqet of carnations in my hand. She looks stunning. Trust me when I say this, her beauty has been enhanced by her get up. She's dazzling me with her simplicity, but if she were to mix within a crowd, she'd be the one standing out. She's always worn loose clothes, but this dress shows off her curves in such a slight, teasing way that I'm having a hard time keeping my thoughts straight. She's breathtaking.

"Are those for me?"

Her soft voice brings me back from my trance and it takes me a moment to register what she asked.

"Uh.." I look at the flowers in my hand. "Yes! Yeah, yeah, these are for you."

I hand them to her and she lovingly takes them, a warm smile on her face. "They're beautiful."

"You're beautiful." I blurt without thinking twice.

Red streaks appear on her cheeks as she lowers her head down and tucks her hair behind her ear. "Uh.. You don't think it's too much..?"

"No! It's perfect! God.. You're beautiful." Why isn't my mouth shutting up? Zanna would be so proud of me right now.

She smiles shyly. "Thank you. You look very handsome."

"I do? Really?" God, I sound like a little kid. But it's so good knowing I don't look overdressed.

"Yep. You do."

Now it's my time to blush. I can actually feel my cheeks turn warm. Before I can say anything stupid, I decide we should head off.

"Are you ready? We should go."

"Yeah, just let me bring my coat."

The moment she heads back in, I take a huge gulp of breath. Jesus Christ, how am I gonna survive the whole night being beside her when I can't even breathe properly by just looking at her.

She comes back wearing a black coat which complement her boots. She locks her door and we move towards the car. I hasten to open the door for her and she humbly nods at me. I move over to the other side and sit in the driver's seat.

"Ready?" I ask her as I look over at her.

"Ready." She confirms.

I smile, my heart exploding with happiness. The night has just begun.